News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Os Mutantes Fuzz

Started by oldhousescott, January 24, 2011, 08:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhousescott

With help from Brian, deciphering the diagram and mods, I was able to complete a veroboard version of the Os Mutantes Fuzz. I had to make a few component value tweaks to the mods and it was good to go.

Original thread here

FuzzMonkey

Very nice. Love the enclosure!  ;D

gtr2

where did you get that vintage looking perf board, I like it!!!  The pedal looks very fuzz like  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

oldhousescott

It's veroboard/stripboard and I ended up ordering it on eBay from a seller in England. I couldn't find anyone in the states that had the size I was looking for. I also got the little hand-held drill bit for doing the track cuts.

Myramyd

This is an interesting project.

Any chance we could hear some sound clips?

Pretty please?  ;D

J

jkokura

LOVE that enclosure and finish. I've wanted to get the Pedal Enclosures enclosures forever for a couple projects but never had.

Great work. How's it sound?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

oldhousescott

I dialed back the gain in the feedback loop so it doesn't have as much gain at maximum rotation as the one Brian has now posted as the Deadpool, but it still has plenty of thick distortion. With the input filter switch open, it's more like a distortion, and closed it's definitely more fuzzy. I put a cap across the output pot to tame the high end. I found the limiter mod to not really do a whole lot as configured except to clamp the volume. It doesn't seem to really change the character of the distortion. The filter, too, ended up being rather subtle, but that's OK.

NB: all the above is WRT the circuit posted in the request thread, not Brian's new Deadpool circuit although they are very similar. I've already passed the box on to its owner, but I'll see if I can get some sound samples for it in the not too distant future.

madbean

Those were exactly my findings as well: the filter thing was pretty useless as well as the limit mod (as configured). I think the way I set it up in the DP is more interesting, with a variable resistor in series with one of the diodes.

Also, without any diodes it sounds amazing!

mjcyates

Looks great! I for the life of me can not get the fuzz thing. I hear other people use them and they sound good, but just not my cup of tea.