News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Limited time only

Started by atreidesheir, June 04, 2013, 05:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

I will be praying for you and your family. Stay strong.

gingataff

I'm terrible in these situations, I never know what to say.

I'll be sending you good thoughts and positive waves.

midwayfair

:( Sad to hear this, Charles, but it sounds like they caught it early and your outlook is hopeful. Best of luck on Monday.

GermanCdn

I look forward to your follow up post where you describe how bad you kicked cancers ass yet again, and mastered Eagle and developed the next uber circuit at the same time. ;D

In all seriousness, thoughts and prayers are with you man.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Effectsiation

Sad to hear this, love and prayers to you and your family from VA!

jubal81

Sad to hear this. Best of luck to you and hang in there!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

gmh

Stay strong Charles! Best wishes to you and your family!

Geir

croquet hoop

Words always lack me in such circomstances, but my thoughts go towards you and your family and I sincerely hope for the best.

atreidesheir

I appreciate all the words.  there is nothing wrong to say at a bad time.  I am actually loving to hear from everyone.  
Not too sad.  
Not dead yet.  
not even sick really.  
About two weeks ago I saw an ugly mole on my hip.  I asked my wife if she had seen that before.  She said no.  I said me either.  
went to the doctor.  My wife said to ask him about the knot around my kidney.  I said why not.  
He took samples with cookie cutter thing and here we are.  The doctor had this magnificent German steel tweezer set (for pulling samples out) I asked for it, but he said it was not that cheap disposable crap.  Would have been great for caps and resistors.  
Quote from: spaceboss on June 04, 2013, 06:07:39 PM
Fight on brother.
I've never met you, but after having testicular cancer twice myself, we're both part of that big extended family. Stay strong for your son and wife. And do what you can to approach each day with an even keel. You've been through the mill once, so having some idea of what you are in for is both a blessing and a curse. Your surly sense of humor will serve you well.
I'm pulling for you and yours.
James
thanks man.  I don't want it testicular again.  I would be runnin out of jibblies.

Quote from: cooder on June 04, 2013, 07:24:49 PM
I don't know you and I life likely half a world away from where you are.
I just wish you the best with whatever comes for you and your loved ones!
Kia Kaha! (Maori for 'Stand strong').
e te atua kia kora, teina (forgive my translation)

Quote from: GermanCdn on June 05, 2013, 07:28:24 AM
I look forward to your follow up post where you describe how bad you kicked cancers ass yet again, and mastered Eagle and developed the next uber circuit at the same time. ;D
In all seriousness, thoughts and prayers are with you man.
why was the first part not serious?  Oh, you've noticed I am not very smart (or at least not much proof of it). :-X :-X
I am not afraid of cancer.  The main reason I would hate to die is for my son and wife.  She is a bad chooser of men.  I am the best she has chosen if that says much ;D  My son may need a dad.  we might need a lottery to see who becomes his solderdad.
I am much more afraid of menopause.  When my wife is crazy all the time, what is the point?
I better google it to see.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

atreidesheir

???
yep.  menopause > cancer
on the scale of sucking

Scruffie

Quote from: atreidesheir on June 04, 2013, 06:18:42 PM
From the vast concise knowledge I have from Google, this may not be as bad as before.

At least I don't have what Elvis had in 'Bubba Ho-Tep'
:D well at least your wife might rub some cream on to it... I really hope you remember the film well enough :P

Can't say much more than the other guys here have, kick its ass and carry on.
Works at Lectric-FX

atreidesheir

Quote from: Scruffie on June 05, 2013, 06:29:10 PM
From the vast concise knowledge I have from Google, this may not be as bad as before.

:D well at least your wife might rub some cream on to it... I really hope you remember the film well enough :P

The whole reason I got married was so she could apply the ointment without the glove. 
Thanks for the memory.
If you have not yet done it, watch bruce campbell's running commentary on that movie.  It is pretty cool.  probably better than the actual movie.

Scruffie

Quote from: atreidesheir on June 05, 2013, 09:02:34 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on June 05, 2013, 06:29:10 PM

The whole reason I got married was so she could apply the ointment without the glove. 
Thanks for the memory.
If you have not yet done it, watch bruce campbell's running commentary on that movie.  It is pretty cool.  probably better than the actual movie.
She can use the glove... just needs the right costume.

I've been meaning to pick up the DVD, only seen it on TV, I imagine it's great. Love me some Bruce.
Works at Lectric-FX

jkokura

Keep us posted Charles. I'll be praying for sure.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

billstein

I'm a Pastor and we have a Thursday morning prayer meeting. Our church prayed for you and your family this morning.