News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

06.11 - New Projects, Re-Stocks and Free Shipping!

Started by madbean, June 11, 2013, 08:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

madbean

Quote from: midwayfair on June 12, 2013, 11:31:57 AM
You could replace the trims with a pot + resistors on both sides, to have external access to things like the balance of steps up to steps down. Might be fun. In fact, I might just go ahead and do that on my build when I get around to this. I don't really need TWO more envelope filters.

Yup, that is a good idea (about the external trims). You probably don't have to use resistors....depends on whether or not you mind somewhat broken settings at the extremes. Anyway, two 9mm pots for those would work out fine...there's enough space for it.

Scruffie

On the Kraken, why is the PNP transistor flipped compared to all the schematics? Emitter to CA3080, is that because of the mods?
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

Quote from: Scruffie on June 13, 2013, 05:17:23 PM
On the Kraken, why is the PNP transistor flipped compared to all the schematics? Emitter to CA3080, is that because of the mods?

Good eye! I just ran up to the shop to confirm, and yep I had it backwards (on both prototypes). Turns out in this case it doesn't matter: the transistor works either way and the envelope sounds exactly the same (which is why I never noticed). However, it is still a mistake, so I will get the project doc corrected and a note posted in the Errata forum.

Thanks for the catch!

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on June 13, 2013, 07:46:59 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on June 13, 2013, 05:17:23 PM

Good eye! I just ran up to the shop to confirm, and yep I had it backwards (on both prototypes). Turns out in this case it doesn't matter: the transistor works either way and the envelope sounds exactly the same (which is why I never noticed). However, it is still a mistake, so I will get the project doc corrected and a note posted in the Errata forum.

Thanks for the catch!
Haha, I only noticed because i'd been trying to get this circuit working properly with a 13700 before you released the Kraken and started to use your schematic for reference as it was clearer.

On my build its orientation does seem to have a slight effect, get a more pronounced effect with it the right way, guess because it's feeding the bias pins. But then again, I also have something wrong with it anyway as at the bottom of the range pot I get distortion and no sweep. Something's... funky.

Oh, by the way, dunno if you want to add it to the PDF but on the original Music-Tronics schematic they list the RC4558 as the Op-Amp.
Works at Lectric-FX

Bucksears

If it's already been said, I must have missed it: when will boards ordered this week ship?

madbean

Today, actually. I have yours right in front of me :)

Bucksears

LOL - spoke too soon - I just saw the 'your package has shipped' e-mail!
Thanks!

Matt

Matt

LaceSensor

ORDERED
Harbinger, Stage Fright and Sharkfin

thanks for free ship :)

Kinki fuzz

1 pick ordered!!!
oops... and some boards of course!!

jimilee

You guys be careful with those icks, they're mighty powerful
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TreeSlayer

Kraken and Sharkfin ordered! thanks a million, Brian!

Layton
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

DuctTapeRiot

Any idea when the Cherry bomb will be restocked??