News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is a LM7805 the same as a L7805?

Started by PhiloB, June 18, 2013, 10:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

I placed an order for a LM7805 and received a bag labeled L7805CV.  When I double checked Tayda's website and my old order, it read "LM7805 L7805 7805".  Are these all one in the same.  There seems to be different spec sheets floating around the web.  Is it a matter of different manufacturers?

alanp

If I'm understanding my googling rightly, L7805CV is ST Electronics, and LM7805 is Fairchild. As long as you mind the pinout, and the specs are vaguely similar, go for it. They're voltage regulators, not 2sc828's handselected for distortion mojo.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Yeah as long as it is the same voltage across the board, you're good. I'm sure it's just the difference in manufacturers.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

Thanks Alan and Jimilee
Jimilee, I sorted my parts for the Techo delay last night.  I had a look at circuit board and there are a few things that aren't labeled.  The LM7805 seemed obvious based on the funky protrusion.  Not sure about the others.  Do you have a completed layout?

jimilee

No I do not, did you download the latest layout? He mentioned something in a post over at BYOC about updating the layout.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PhiloB

He updated the BOM but not the layout.  I've emailed him.