News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pots

Started by funky see, July 05, 2013, 08:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funky see

Yeah, it's me again... I need to purchase some pots for mt bumblebee project 2x100kb and a 5kb. Linear? Audio taper double throw right angle jammy. Damn there is a lot to chose from ! I even saw some pots with clear light up shafts. O.k. S what do I go with  ???

Nick

jimilee

Quote from: funky see on July 05, 2013, 08:34:47 PM
Yeah, it's me again... I need to purchase some pots for mt bumblebee project 2x100kb and a 5kb. Linear? Audio taper double throw right angle jammy. Damn there is a lot to chose from ! I even saw some pots with clear light up shafts. O.k. S what do I go with  ???

Nick
b=linear a=logorithmic c=antilog solder lug unless you are board mounting the pots. You can use solder lug and mount them to the board, you just have to use resistor leads to do it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

Quote from: jimilee on July 05, 2013, 08:42:48 PM
Quote from: funky see on July 05, 2013, 08:34:47 PMYeah, it's me again... I need to purchase some pots for mt bumblebee project 2x100kb and a 5kb. Linear? Audio taper double throw right angle jammy. Damn there is a lot to chose from ! I even saw some pots with clear light up shafts. O.k. S what do I go with  ???

Nick
b=linear a=logorithmic c=antilog solder lug unless you are board mounting the pots. You can use solder lug and mount them to the board, you just have to use resistor leads to do it.
anti log, meaning "reverse audio" taper;)
(beginner's paradise, right?)

I've found that silicon rectifier diode (1n400x) leads are really good for adapting solder lug pots to pcb mount.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

Gledison

Im going through this as well sometimes.
the "standard" ones are the Alpha (just a brand) pots 16mm (diameter of the base of the pot) with 6,3 mm shaft diameter. Of course you have to think ahead what kind of knobs you want to use to fit properly.
As it said before, if you want to build the pot on the PCB get the ones with straight lugs, if you will just wire them, get the regular ones.
here you can find some examples:
http://www.banzaimusic.com/Alpha-16mm/

good luck
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?