News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ross Distortion.

Started by funky see, July 08, 2013, 04:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funky see

Hey, I found this pedal at a yard sale. The guy i bought it from said he's had it since the late 70's. He sold it to me for $5 and said it was broken. I've attached some pics of it including a pic of the loose black wire I found. Also, there is a hole for an external power supply? Anybody know where that black wire goes (it's the 3 wire of 4 on the bottom of the board. are there any mods? I thought it would be a great experiment while I wait for all my parts to come in on my Bumblebee.

nick    

rullywowr

Great vintage find!  Looks like the power jack is missing, it us the size if a 3.5mm mini jack. You could replace it with the more common 2.1mm if you enlarged the hole.

As far as the black wire, try to pull the pcb and see if you can find a hole where there are strands still left in. It probably is the only hole like this. Black sounds like "ground" to me but it could be something else.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

rullywowr

If you are totally confused, try to find out what wire goes where and write it down. You could then replace the switch with a 3pdt and follow madbean a standard wiring diagram. Bet this pedal just needs a wire hooked up or two.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Darkknigh_t

Check around the jacks cause what happens is they come loose and when people put the cable in and out the jack turns around and tightens the wires and eventually breaks them so if you ask me that's your best bet :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

LaceSensor

Im sure there was a thread very similar to this.
I took photos of my unit and showed the OP how to rewire the pedal

was this the same pedal? Think some posts got lost therefore in the site migration....