News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Meathead and Sunking

Started by wilcorocks, February 01, 2011, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilcorocks

Just finished both builds... Meathead is a serious piece of fuzz, the Sunking is just sooo good.

[attachment deleted by admin]

FuzzMonkey

madbean

That is some tight work there. Is the Sunking one ink-stamped?

wilcorocks

Thanks guys.  Madbean, both pedals are stamped, then clear coated.  I kind of need that instant gratification of "look, something is happening" on the design side... 

stevewire

Hey wilcorocks,
Nice work.  Did you paint and drill yourself?  I am curious about the silver hammerite.  And also where did you get the cool stamps?

wilcorocks

Hey Steve,

I had the enclosures powder coated from PPP.  However, I did drill myself.  The stamps actually came from Michael's.  Pretty much any craft store will have them.  The paint, also came from a different craft store.  If you are going to stamp... They sell packages that contain stamps. but no blocks.  You can then buy a clear/lucite block that lets you see where you stamp.  All in all, it works out pretty well and doesn't cost a ton.

madbean

Yeah, I got my pig stamp from Michaels...I used it on the pork barrel.

BTW: I've got a link somewhere for a place that can make custom ink stamps if anyone wants it. You give them an image and they make a stamp! I did one for the Gruntbox a couple of years ago when I thought I might build up some for sale. I paid maybe $20 for a 1590B sized one.

wilcorocks

I know that I would be really interested in the link.  I'm always looking for ways to make a stamp.

madbean

stevewire

wilcorocks,
So is the meathead PPP's "black hammertone"?  On their website it looks quite different from your photo.  I find their photos to be somewhat deceptive when trying to figure out what paints will look like.  I've had three enclosures from them that arrived and were quite different than I expected.

I like the way yours looks and I'd like to another Rangemaster and probably some type of Tone Bender in an enclosure that looks that.

And the Klon is PPP's "translucent gold"?

Cool info about stamps.

wilcorocks

Steve,

Yeah, the Meathead is black hammertone, and the SK is the Gold...  They both look great in person.  Keep in mind that these photos were taken with a flash.  However, the results are pretty close to what you see in person.  But yeah, the black hammertone is by far one of their best finishes... I have ordered about 10 different colors from them and for the most part don't think the photos are accurate (emerald green/blue hammertone are just awful). 

mjcyates

Both pedals look great! Nice work.

gtr2

very nice!  I like the stamps!  Nice and clean inside too  :o

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

lincolnic

wilcorocks

Thanks guys!  I've been building amps for a few years now and have learned that keeping things clean really helps out in the long run.  Madbean, thanks again for the stamp link... I'm gonna get on some designs and get a few made.