News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking 1590B with room for battery

Started by Rocktifier, February 03, 2011, 12:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocktifier

Here's my first madbean build.  It was a super tight squeeze to get everything to fit in the 1590B but i was determined and eventually got it all to fit.  I won't be trying it again though, since it was such a huge pain.  I wouldn't have bothered with space for a battery since i never used them but it was for a friend and i wanted to leave him the option.  My next sunking will probably be a 125 size if I want room for a battery.  Fired up the first time.  Only problem I encountered was to replace the "cpa" version chip with the "scpa" version to get rid of the whine.  I tried a bunch of diodes and prefered the bat41's although the differences were minor to my ears.  Sounds great...now to find time to build one for myself ;)
First pic is a little blurry but I didn't realize it until I had already given it to my friend, but you get the idea.  Color is from PPP -gloss black/aqua illusion.

[attachment deleted by admin]

gtr2

Another nice build!  That is a tight fit for sure, great job fitting it all in there!  Is the pedal greenish in color?  Because on the website it looks blueish...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Rocktifier

yeah, it's more greenish than blueish.  It still looks nice but I was a little disappointed in the color mostly because it was a lot darker than it looked and the metallic flakes that add sparkle are a lot smaller and less noticeable than what's pictured on the website

nzCdog