Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1 spot psu please...

Started by talentado, February 03, 2011, 05:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talentado

hi sir bean,

can i request?

i like to build a 1spot adaptor 9v 1mA to power my 7 pedals.

can you please give me a schematic layout and component that i will use?

thanks in advance! 

God Bless!

:)

jkokura

This is silly. You cannot build one for less than you can buy one.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

talentado

Quote from: jkokura on February 03, 2011, 05:46:49 PM
This is silly. You cannot build one for less than you can buy one.

Jacob

ah...so it's not possible do make a 1 spot adaptor...from the scratch?

aziltz

it is, but no one really goes that route because it is not cost-effective to build it yourself.  they are cheap and well-made to begin with.

talentado

Quote from: aziltz on February 03, 2011, 06:45:34 PM
it is, but no one really goes that route because it is not cost-effective to build it yourself.  they are cheap and well-made to begin with.

i see...thanks for enlighten me up!  :)

madbean

I think you can get them for around $10, correct? Plus, it would not be possible to make one the same size from a DIY perspective, since you would not have the molded plastic to encase it.

B_of_H

I agree that this idea for a project is not very sound but...

a distribution center making your 1 spot into a PP2 like box with 9v, 12v, 18v outs would be cool.  I'm not sure how these things work but perhaps you could use a road rage and just plug in your one spot adapter to it.

I could see building out a fairly shallow box like a 1590BB that you could put a pedal on top off in the back row as a riser that would have a handful of DC jacks etc...

that would basically take the place of the daisy chain system and allow a couple of voltage options.  :)

or even better: if you use a big wide shallow hammond box and need a riser for the entire rear portion of a small pedal board you could put 5 or more 9v outlets and a few optional voltages etc..

talentado

guys, help me again please.

my friend gave me a adaptor that is (input: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 350mA. Output 9v 1000mA, I tested it to my pedals it does not work.  ???

B_of_H

Quote from: talentado on February 11, 2011, 07:07:31 PM
guys, help me again please.

my friend gave me a adaptor that is (input: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 350mA. Output 9v 1000mA, I tested it to my pedals it does not work.  ???

is the output DC?

is it center pin negative?