News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EgoDriver (Johnny Drive)

Started by k.rock!, February 04, 2011, 07:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Hey guys!

This is an OCD I built for my friend Johnny. He chose the colors and I came up with the 50's theme car and font for it  ;D he liked it! It was my 7th build so I engraved a number 7 on the back.

I wish my wiring was cleaner in this one but then again is not bad either...but hey, it works!

I made the HP/LP switch into a footswitch (LP: off, HP: ON) and added a color changing LED for it, looks crazy!  8) The main LED is white (seems blue in the pics)

I had to add a 33uF across the color changing LED cause it sounded like a goat when it changed colors  ???
But, worked like a charm! The cap filtered out the noise and now looks pretty cool!

Hope you guys like it!

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

madbean

Very nice work. I like the sensible placement of the battery. It looks like you really out thought into the overall design. Thanks for sharing!

k.rock!

Thanks guys!

Yes, it took some measuring/calculations and good guesstimating  :D
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

Boy that's pretty awesome! I really like it a lot! Perhaps that's because it looks similar to a lot of my builds...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

k.rock!

haha well I must say you have really good taste in pedals then!

Thanks Jacob!
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

FuzzMonkey

Nice work. How is the battery clip attached to the enclosure?

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

kamis5050

dwstanford

That's a great looking pedal.  What did you use for the artwork?  Are those decals?  The best thing I've found for adhering battery clips is loctite stik 'n seal waterproof adhesive.  I've tried some epoxies that worked quite well, but I like the other stuff a bit more because it's more flexible.

k.rock!

Thanks man! :) I used some Testors waterslide decals since it was the only thing I found available locally. It works pretty well, the only problem is that the sheets are only 5.5" by 8.5" and it was a challenge to get it lined up in my printer.  :-\

Just print out your graphics, spray some Krylon clear coat (2 or 3 light coats will do) then slide over the pedal and finish with a few coats of the same clear. I'm sure there's many ways of doing this, but that's the way I did this one :)

Thanks!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com