News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vibra-Phase (stomptown's Galacticon)

Started by ch1naski, August 02, 2013, 05:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Here's a demo of stomptown's Galacticon PCB, with vibe mod caps wired in permanently. As usual, my playing suffers from 13 hour work days, but.... Whatever.
Great PCB layout, and sounds great.
Of course, I somehow messed up the decal while wiring it up..... Damnit.
one louder.

Stomptown

WoW! I might have to do a deluxe version with this mod and the rate led added on. I wish mine sounded that good!  ;D

billstein

That sounds great. I'm just about ready to box up my build, is that mod in the build docs?

sirbergersworth

Sounds excellent as does your playing.

Sent using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

televisiondown

Love the sound of the phase 45 vibe! Have you tried your Vibra-Phase BEFORE the Fatpants?
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

ch1naski

Thanks, guys.
Quote from: Stomptown on August 02, 2013, 05:50:40 AM
WoW! I might have to do a deluxe version with this mod and the rate led added on. I wish mine sounded that good!  ;D

It's a nice visual effect. I've got a smoothie that has a dual color LED, one color wired to standard, the other color to the LFO.
Quote from: billstein on August 02, 2013, 06:31:23 AM
That sounds great. I'm just about ready to box up my build, is that mod in the build docs?
The vibe mod is not in the docs, but it's just substituting a .01uF cap for c2 and a .1uF cap for c3.
The LED mod is just the positive led wire to pin 7 (or is it 6? I always forget....) of IC2.

Quote from: televisiondown on August 02, 2013, 06:53:08 AM
Love the sound of the phase 45 vibe! Have you tried your Vibra-Phase BEFORE the Fatpants?
Yes. I had just thrown it into my son's setup in a hurry, to do the demo, since I don't have a power supply on my setup, wasn't even thinking about effects order. Probably sounds better before the preamp. :)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

pryde

midwayfair

Cortexturizer

Dude...my phase 45 wasn't even close to yours!!! This is perfection to my ears, fantastic job man, just...perfect!

And stop apologize for the playing, I am yet to hear a better player than you or midwayfair here on the forum :)
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

ch1naski

Quote from: Cortexturizer on August 02, 2013, 03:17:46 PM
Dude...my phase 45 wasn't even close to yours!!! This is perfection to my ears, fantastic job man, just...perfect!

And stop apologize for the playing, I am yet to hear a better player than you or midwayfair here on the forum :)
You have just insulted every member of this forum, except for jimilee (bass doesn't count ;D ) and midwayfair ((because his playing really is fantastic).

I'm happy that I grabbed two of these PCB's, I'm keeping one and building one as a gift.
I keep modding phasers for univibe sounds, yet I have a forum vibe PCB on my bench, untouched, and still have not bought a harbinger yet.

YET.

I will probably switch out a resistor to lower the range of the speed control.... It gets REALLY fast LFO speeds..... So fast that the rate LED looks like it's not blinking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

billstein

Does the LED rate mod add to the sound or is it just visual?

ch1naski

The led is just visual. The thicker phase I attribute to biasing/depth mod/ vibe caps

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

gordo

Nicely done man, no need for excuses on the playing...sounds terrific.  I love the top end on both the bypassed and effected signal.  Excellent demo.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

ch1naski

Quote from: gordo on August 03, 2013, 02:03:00 AM
Nicely done man, no need for excuses on the playing...sounds terrific.  I love the top end on both the bypassed and effected signal.  Excellent demo.
thanks. I was actually playing out if my kid's setup....a tone king metropolitan, and a ash body strat

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.