News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

State variable filter preamp?

Started by garfo, August 09, 2013, 02:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

Has anyone one come arround with an Alembic/Wal type of filtering equalization???

Willybomb

Dunno anything about that, but paulinthelab has a vero layout of the Yamaha ne-1 bass preamp pedal that I'm going to build shortly.  Personally I think Brian should do a pcb for it and call it the "Random Stranger"

RobA

Quote from: garfo on August 09, 2013, 02:51:37 AM
Has anyone one come arround with an Alembic/Wal type of filtering equalization???
Are you talking about onboard preamps or an amp preamp?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jimilee

Quote from: Willybomb on September 11, 2013, 05:13:57 PM
Dunno anything about that, but paulinthelab has a vero layout of the Yamaha ne-1 bass preamp pedal that I'm going to build shortly.  Personally I think Brian should do a pcb for it and call it the "Random Stranger"
I'd totally build this just because of the name.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

garfo

Quote from: RobA on September 11, 2013, 06:06:57 PM
Quote from: garfo on August 09, 2013, 02:51:37 AM
Are you talking about onboard preamps or an amp preamp?
Hi, sorry for the real late reply.It is an onboard filter based bass preamp as seen on Wal and Alembic basses.It consists of a Volume, a Blend, 2x Mid filter sweep plus boost(stacked) 1 for each pickup, and a treble boost.
So, I found a state variable filter project, and my idea would be having two of these where we could add an active blend control and each filter controls one pickup, both would have a master volume.Guys, is it doable?
http://www.musiker-board.de/attachments/f3-musik-instrumente-know-how//f75-e-gitarren-forum//f39-modifikation-technik-gitarrenbau-e-git//241993d1350756654-lemme-state-variable-filter-sounds-aufnahme-kleiner-test-state-variable-filter_diy-layout-neu.gif

thesameage

Betty Wont

Quote from: Willybomb on September 11, 2013, 05:13:57 PM
Rullywow has a great pcb project for that called the Canned Yam.

thesameage

I saw that. I'm thinking of building one. It has a high pass filter on it... wonder if it's possible to futz with the values to make it a low pass filter.

HamSandwich

Quote from: thesameage on October 22, 2016, 08:05:47 AM
I saw that. I'm thinking of building one. It has a high pass filter on it... wonder if it's possible to futz with the values to make it a low pass filter.

If it's basic enough, you can replace the resistors with caps and caps with resistors.