News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PT2399 part for Eagle?

Started by culturejam, March 25, 2010, 06:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Brian,

I figure you must have made a PT2399 part for Eagle since obviously that's what is used in the Doombutter.

I'm working on a delay-based project at the moment, and I really could use the 2399 in Eagle.

Would you mind sharing this? Or could I have the Eagle file for the Doombutter so I could import the part into my library?

Thanks!

PS - If the project works out like I hope, I'll be sharing it with the community at large.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

Actually, I just used the generic 16 pin op-amp used in the Guassmarkov library, so there's nothing special about it. It's the DIL16 package.

I do have some custom ones made for analog delays though: an MN3101 and MN3005, I believe.

[attachment deleted by admin]

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on March 25, 2010, 06:59:13 AM
Actually, I just used the generic 16 pin op-amp used in the Guassmarkov library, so there's nothing special about it. It's the DIL16 package.

Then how did you draw up the schematic to show the whole IC as a single rectangle with pin numbers?

That's what I really want to be able to do.

madbean

C - when you add the component in in your schematic, the DIL16 should show up exactly as what you are describing: the schematic drawing is a rectangular box with 16 individual pins. Do you not have that one? It should be under gm-IC library then it's the DIL16. In the layout portion, it will be a normal 16 pin IC.

culturejam

madbean

;)

When I get some extra time to clean it up, I'll post my full Eagle library for everyone. There are quite a few custom components I've made for it that you guys might find useful.

culturejam

That would be awesome.

My idea, by the way, is to use a PT2399 to do modulation and NOT use it as a proper delay. I think it would be cool if there were a project to build a chorus/vibrato type effect without resorting to expensive/dodgy old chips, and also with a minimal parts count.

I'm not 100% sure it will work, but I'll give it a shot. I've just posted details here:
http://circuitworkshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=400.0

madbean

That's a very interesting idea, CJ. I will have a look. There's a lot of potential in using conventional parts in unconventional ways!

Junk McNuggets

Quote from: madbean on March 25, 2010, 09:10:34 PM
;)

When I get some extra time to clean it up, I'll post my full Eagle library for everyone. There are quite a few custom components I've made for it that you guys might find useful.

my apologies for the punctuality pertaining to the topic at hand, but did you ever get around to posting a link to your library, and if so could you kindly directly me in that direction please?

and thank you for all youve done and shared. your accomplishments and example spread far greater than mere words could ever traverse.

culturejam