News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Horrible Looking Sunking

Started by rhcp311, February 09, 2011, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhcp311

So, I knocked this build out this afternoon. It was my first Madbean PCB, and I really like it. I can't wait to start up my DM-2.

The only problem is that the enclosure that worked for the pedal, I didn't really have a chance to paint. Eventually it will be gold, I swear! These graphics are not permanent. Haha.

Also, the wiring for the pots didn't turn out very great since I wanted my gain and volume knobs on the opposite sides from where they are on the board, so that they would match my real Klon. Oh well. As long as it works...

madbean

Take the board and hardware out. Douse with Acetone or lighter fluid and ignite. Let it burn for five minutes and I bet it will look AWESOME!

I've been wanting to try something like that for years...

Nicely done with all metal film and BAT41. Wiring looks just fine.

nzCdog

rhcp311

Quote from: madbean on February 09, 2011, 07:44:45 PM
Take the board and hardware out. Douse with Acetone or lighter fluid and ignite. Let it burn for five minutes and I bet it will look AWESOME!

I've been wanting to try something like that for years...

Nicely done with all metal film and BAT41. Wiring looks just fine.

Haha I like it! At first when I was reading that I thought you were trying to tell me my build was so horrible that I should burn the whole thing with fire. It seemed a bit harsh! Haha.

Unfortunately though, I think I'm going to go the boring route of painting it gold, and putting on a Centaur decal. I'm lame like that, but my DM-2 is going to be blue sparkles, like a fanny Aqua Puss. Haha.

lwatford

where did you get the enclosure? I like it!

gtr2

rock it if you got it!  My last couple builds actually looked to "done" and the people I play with think I buy all my stuff... (well i do. but I have to assemble it first)  The funny thing is they thought I made one of my fuzz pedals instead because it looked diy, but I actually bought it from a reputable builder (before DIY)...  My next couple might be more relic looking  ;D

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

masterlk

So how does it compare to your real Klon? Inquiring minds want to know...

rhcp311

Quote from: lwatford on February 10, 2011, 01:41:30 AM
where did you get the enclosure? I like it!

Thanks! I got it from http://www.roadrageprogear.com/en1004.html. I've bought quite a few from them. They're awesome!

Quote from: gtr2 on February 10, 2011, 03:50:08 AM
rock it if you got it!  My last couple builds actually looked to "done" and the people I play with think I buy all my stuff... (well i do. but I have to assemble it first)  The funny thing is they thought I made one of my fuzz pedals instead because it looked diy, but I actually bought it from a reputable builder (before DIY)...  My next couple might be more relic looking  ;D

josh

Haha. A very fair point! I hadn't thought about that. If it looks too pro no one will ever believe you built it. I'd say this looks right about on the level of what people probably think I could build from an aesthetic standpoint! Haha.

Quote from: masterlk on February 10, 2011, 07:55:50 AM
So how does it compare to your real Klon? Inquiring minds want to know...

I haven't had a chance to compare. I left my gigging pedalboard at our rehearsal space, so I can't compare them until Sunday. Rest assured, I'll try and test it extensively on Sunday!