News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorite Slow Downer iApp?

Started by PhiloB, August 13, 2013, 09:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Downloaded Anytune free.  The $14.99 version seems very feature rich but I hesitate to recommend a $15 app to my students.  Anybody have any input or alternatives?

hammerheadmusicman

Get the free version, and wait, because every now again they have a sale on the 'in app' purchases. The Anytune 'all bells and whistles' version, is much, much better! The sound quality is well worth the £12 or whatever it is!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jimilee

That looks really cool. I use amplitube. You can import songs and slow them down and play along.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

AllenM

I have Anytune ProPlus and love it. It's the only slow-down type app / program I have found that actually works and the investment was well worth it. On my iPad it is great. Shows my library and remembers the settings for each song so I don't have to reset everything when ever  I want to go back and work on the song. And the slow down plus looping song parts is perfect for learning parts.

AllenM

hammerheadmusicman

Yeah, it's so good i think i may have paid for it on my iphone and ipad. I use transcribe on my macbook, but it's not as accurate in terms of sound quality.

George

murdog47

I'm using "Capo". A little pricey but works great! User friendly and you can loop specific sections. Also you can change the pitch of the song you are listening to....ala up a half step for SRV stuff so you can keep your geeetar in standard tuning.

PhiloB

Great feedback thanks.  Think ill have to pay the $15 so I can recommend with confidence to my students;)

culturejam

I use the free version of AnyTune, and it does what I need just fine. Granted, my needs are somewhat simplistic.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

... did anyone else see the subject and think this was a thread about Sunn O))), Crowbar, and Earth?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

kothoma

PhiloB

I tested the free version of Anytune with the intro guitar lick to David Bowie's Fame and the 'Basic' audio was so bad you couldn't hear most of the lick. If I demoed the high quality of the same lick it sounded fine.  Guess it depends on the song as to how useful the free basic setting is.  FYI

hammerheadmusicman

A lot of it also depends on the bit rate of the track

PhiloB

Good point.  Didn't consider that.  This was a file from YouTube.  I'll try one of my own mp3's.

kothoma

I always use uncompressed audio for phase vocoder time stretching.
Remember mp3 is already run through a phase vocoder once, throwing out stuff you could need in slo mo.
I have no idea what youtube does to audio. Compressed bit crushing? ;) Stay away. ;D

PhiloB

I was just trying out the 'import for YouTube' function.  What you're saying makes a lot of sense though. I usually use AAC when importing from a CD.  Using MP3 as a generic term:)