News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slambox 1590A build aka The Thing!

Started by irmcdermott, February 13, 2011, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Here is a Slambox I just built for a friend. This is my favorite build to date. Stuck with my typical comic book theme, only this time I had my brother design the label and he used The Thing for this one. I'm really happy with how it it turned out. Only my second 1590A build. First one with a circuit (first was a little A/B switch). Challenging, but very rewarding to fire it up and it worked! I lined the bottom of the enclosure with transparency paper and the board with some adhesive foam just for some added protection/ease of mind since this build is for someone else. All I have for a camera right now is an iPhone, so sorry for the lack of quality pics.

night-B

I love the graphics! Congrats on fitting a 1590A  ;)

rowland1

jkokura

UNREAL!!! New best pedal o the year so far! The graphics are phenomenal.

Sorry to the fuzz factory, you've been replaced!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

Thanks guys! I can't take too much credit, my brother did the graphics, I just printed it on the decal paper and stuck it on there :)

He took the image from a Jack Kirby drawing of The Thing from an old Fantastic Four cover and cleaned it up, made the colors really sharp, and added the background to it. The pictures don't do it justice.

That fuzz factory is still my favorite of the year so far, but thanks for the kind words Jacob!

thetrend77

Someone needs to make a pedal with an Ironman graphic where the LED is in the place of his chest thing :P

irmcdermott

Quote from: thetrend77 on February 15, 2011, 09:19:15 AM
Someone needs to make a pedal with an Ironman graphic where the LED is in the place of his chest thing :P

I did an Iron Man build, but lining up the LED and his arc reactor was an after thought  :( I've been thinking of redoing it.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=153.0