News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Supreaux Deux demo

Started by midwayfair, September 07, 2013, 06:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I did a couple demos of Runoff Groove circuits today. This one's the Supreaux Deux I built a long time ago. I tried to include some Most Excellent Riffage early on, but be warned there is some blues wankery toward the end. Enjoy!

Jean-Rock

Paint it blue, call it Super bolt and you'll make a lottta money !! ...oups (just kidding........I'm not angry at JHS like many people here)

I like your feel in the first riff....and love the ToneKing !!! Imperial sounding amp !!
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

midwayfair

Quote from: jonnyrockgear on September 07, 2013, 06:27:14 PM
just kidding........I'm not angry at JHS like many people here

This is a forum and not a video, so I feel comfortable saying this here:

Just remember, every time a company does something like that, they have a chilling effect on circuit designers like Runoff Groove. What JHS did was disrespectful to the expressed wishes of the circuit designer, who posted the project as DIY-only, and disrespectful to the other builders and designers who have paid ROG to officially license the circuits.

If you like having people post their circuits for you to build, and share their knowledge for free, then you should be at least a little angry.

Jean-Rock

I understand your point, but the the circuit is not build stock (I've open it as I work in a music shop)....there's nothing still original these days....everything has been done....it's just new versions and mods of what's already exist anyway.....for those who are shocked, just start your company and do better !

What'S ROG ?? sorry I used to speak French ...
Jonny Rock the "French Canadian"

Affiliation : Jonny Rock Gear

http://www.jonnyrockgear.com

jkokura

Run off Groove.

Back to the post... Great job Jon. I can't believe you guys torture yourselves with these 1590a boxes all the time, but you still do well at it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

selfdestroyer

Quote from: midwayfair on September 07, 2013, 08:17:35 PM
Quote from: jonnyrockgear on September 07, 2013, 06:27:14 PM
just kidding........I'm not angry at JHS like many people here

This is a forum and not a video, so I feel comfortable saying this here:

Just remember, every time a company does something like that, they have a chilling effect on circuit designers like Runoff Groove. What JHS did was disrespectful to the expressed wishes of the circuit designer, who posted the project as DIY-only, and disrespectful to the other builders and designers who have paid ROG to officially license the circuits.

If you like having people post their circuits for you to build, and share their knowledge for free, then you should be at least a little angry.

Jon you have said it perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: jonnyrockgear on September 07, 2013, 08:55:33 PM
I understand your point, but the the circuit is not build stock (I've open it as I work in a music shop)
What were the changes?
*edit; I just found the freestompboxes thread- there are none, well, other than using sm Jfets. :-\
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

ch1naski

Jon, I just love your playing and tone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

kothoma

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on September 07, 2013, 09:48:44 PM
Quote from: jonnyrockgear on September 07, 2013, 08:55:33 PM
I understand your point, but the the circuit is not build stock (I've open it as I work in a music shop)
What were the changes?
*edit; I just found the freestompboxes thread- there are none, well, other than using sm Jfets. :-\
For anyone interested: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20125

billstein

Quote from: ch1naski on September 07, 2013, 10:59:21 PM

+1

kothoma

Quote from: billstein on September 07, 2013, 11:21:09 PM
Quote from: ch1naski on September 07, 2013, 10:59:21 PM

+1

Right. And thanks for taking the time to do this demo!

steveperiod

pretty interesting sounds out of that pedal. great playing as well. and i'm a huge fan of the detailed notes you put in all your demo videos. thanks for that.

stevewire

I just finished up one of these. 

Really cool demo midwayfair.  I really enjoyed your playing and the tones you got from the pedal.   

claytushaywood

this is a great sounding circuit, one of my favorites of all time ROG rulez