News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOSS HM-2

Started by nofarewell, September 19, 2013, 06:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nofarewell

Hey everyone, I need help!
Is there a vero / strip / ptp version of the Boss Hm-2 (Heavy Metal) pedal or anything like the chunk chunk? I would like to use it with a 3dpt but I'm very new and terrible in planning/converting from a schematic. I have no experience in this thus I need help.
Thanks very much :)

nofarewell

Thanks Dude for the links, it helps with the 3dpt true bypass things, but sorry if I wasn't clear; I was asking about the Boss Hm-2, NOT the Dr. Boogey :) anyways your links help a lot, but if you know anything about how to build the Boss Hm-2 in this way, please don't hesitate to write it here. :) Much appreciated

kothoma

Quote from: nofarewell on September 19, 2013, 06:22:31 AM
...anything like the chunk chunk...

Therefore the Dr. Boogey links...

As for the HM-2 I only know of schematics but no layouts, sorry.

nofarewell

OK thanks for your help :) Greetz

mattc

http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23417

Another necrobump.   I've been looking to make one of these for a while.  I don't think this is a good candidate for my first vero though....

the3secondrule

I've worked up an HM2 layout in eagle, and I'm just waiting to get my prototype boards back.
Once it's been verified I'll probably have a couple boards spare...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

mattc

the3secondrule

Nearly verified, just need a few final parts ;)

the HM2 is the top board in the pic. the other one is a shredmaster

mattc

alanp

You are going to have a giant, massive grin on your face when those work :) The first time it works is always a blast, with boards you laid out.

No sockets on the ICs?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

the3secondrule

Quote from: alanp on February 28, 2014, 09:26:53 AM
No sockets on the ICs?

Nah, I like to live dangerously ;)

I'm not one for swapping ICs, I'll generally only socket heat/ESD sensitive chips.

Off to jaycar this morning for the final few parts...

My first few layouts fired up straight away (hotcake,fuzz face, LPB), but these are the first two layouts of this complexity.

Fingers crossed

culturejam

Awesome! I'll be watching with interest.

The HM-2 has been getting a lot of attention lately. I think it might be the Wren & Cuff boutique version that's getting things going.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Rockhorst

The HM-2 was on my to-do list for a layout. Seems like you beat me to it. Curious how it sounds (Swedish Death Metal here we come!)

the3secondrule

Quote from: Rockhorst on February 28, 2014, 02:11:07 PM
The HM-2 was on my to-do list for a layout. Seems like you beat me to it. Curious how it sounds (Swedish Death Metal here we come!)

Funnily enough, once i'd finished my layout and sent it to fab, I got a PM from a member here, telling me that all the schems online were wrong. Including the boss factory schem   ::)

they wouldn't elaborate on what was wrong with it though, so I guess I just hope it works.