0 (0%)
Sunking
5 (20.8%)
Yellow Shark
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

stevewire

Quote from: B_of_H on February 24, 2011, 08:03:25 AM
I just built the snarkdoodle...I highly suggest it as it only took me about an hour start to finish along with costing almost nothing (low parts count, all I had to buy was the chip).   I would guess that all in all it's about as inexpensive and simple a circuit as you'll find on here that does more than boost your signal.  Worst case scenario is that you spent about $20 on a great pedal that you'll find a use for at some point.  :)   

it sounds fantastic IMO, makes me want to play mike campbell licks for hours. 

fyi: an A or log taper works better for the volume pot IMO

I'll definitely have to give the Snakdoodle a try in the future or when the boards are available again.  Wonder if I could get some Mike Campbell tone through my AC30.   :)

jtn191

great responses so far, thanks for that!

so far my only OD pedals are a Dano Daddy-O (guv'nor clone) and an OCD. They both come from the same Marshall camp, eh?

I suppose my want-list looks like: Neutrino, Sunking, Slow Loris, snarkdoodle, Glitterati/Dead Ringer/Tube Screamer-derivative

Also been curious about MXR D+ or a Hot Cake

musmanjam

I've built the EgoDriver, Neutrino, and Sunking using Madbean designs and they are all great.  The Sunking sounds unbelievable though.  I like the EgoDriver for higher gain, but the Sunking sounds so good at low to mid gains.  I've built a lot of other overdrives using other designs and layouts (Madbean's are definitely the best laid out!), but for me, I haven't found anything I like as much as the Sunking.