News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity Build

Started by rowland1, February 17, 2011, 07:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowland1

This is my first time posting a build report. I am really happy with the way this turned out. I used a 1290NS enclosure from Pedal Parts Plus - they painted it "Purple Starlight." I drilled it and used the small Boss-like knobs from the Shack (have you noticed they now call themselves "the Shack"?). I don't usually like those knobs but they work on this one.

I put a strip of red electrical tape under the jacks because I drilled the holes a little too close to the top of the enclosure and the tip contacts were touching the enclosure.

Anyway - the pedal sounds great. My new favorite.

[attachment deleted by admin]

rowland1

Here is the gut shot.

rowland1

And on the board (next to my Yellow Shark!).

jkokura

I like that enclosure! Great work.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

masterlk

Sweet! Looks cool. I don't know about anyone else but I never get tired of gut shots... :o

k.rock!

Awesome! I've been eyeballin' that finish for a little while and I was curious about how it actually looks. It looks great!

Are you using a mono jack in the input? I've always used a stereo but I don't know if it matters? ???
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

rowland1

Quote from: k.rock! on February 17, 2011, 09:54:49 PM
Are you using a mono jack in the input? I've always used a stereo but I don't know if it matters? ???

Yes, I just used a mono jack since I didn't bother adding a battery snap. The stereo jack is only helpful in preserving battery life, and then only if you pull the plug out of the jack. I never use batteries anyway.

As an aside, I attached a 2.1mm plug to a 9V battery snap that I use for testing. That way I can plug the battery into the DC jack and don't have to undo any screws.

k.rock!

Ah! interesting....did not know think it was related to the battery at all...thanks for teaching me something new!

Cheers!
-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Awesome, really diggin the color!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

Very click looking color and I love those boss style knobs

***edit??? click = slick my bad spellug***

Beerdog80