News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity!

Started by jkokura, February 17, 2011, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

This is the third serendipity build posted today! I saw the other two earlier, so I decided to get off my duff while my daughter napped and finish mine. Took me an hour because I already had the board populated and I finished clear coating the enclosure last week.

I didn't have the expected AD712 - they're hard to come by. I did however have an LF353. Seems to work just fine. I'm not sure what to make of this thing, it's hard to find a setting I really love. The knobs are so interdependent, except the tone knob, that I have a hard time dialing something I really love in. It's not that it doesn't sound good, cause it does. In fact it sounds good in all sorts of settings. But what I'm looking for is that one great setting that blows my socks off and makes me want to keep playing with it, and I'm not getting that yet. I'll have to play with it at louder volumes when I get a chance I think.

I used a bright green LED. I call it, the "Lucky Drive."

And the Guts.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rowland1

That is really nice. I am going to print your guts shot and put it up over my work bench for inspiration.

I really like Irish look of it. For a second I thought there was a pint of Guiness in the background of your guts shot.

Thanks for posting!

stecykmi

gtr2

I like the green and white.  Very nice!  I found the same as you with this build.  I used the ad712 and even tried some other ic's but I never could find a go to setting.  It sounds pretty good in a band setting but at home it doesn't "inspire" me.  So unfortunately it sits on the shelf for now...

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer