News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pepperspray / starting over

Started by the3secondrule, February 20, 2011, 01:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Hey guys,

well,  my band of the last 4 years played their last show last night. sadly our drummer was moving oveerseas. we had done quite well for ourselves, gotten signed, released an ep, a 7" and a split 10", played all over NZ,  and even played some shows in australia. for the first time in the last 8 years, I find myself not playing guitar in a band. (still playing bass though).

it's definately sad for me that its an end of an era, but im also looking to the possibilities of starting something new fairly soon. my previous band played basically pychedelic noise punk, with some doom thrown in,
and my effects chain was fairly heavy, going Fuzzfact clone, sho clone, BMP clone, fulldrive clone, homemade wah (baja's kiwi wah), an aquaboy and AD9, a phase 90, and modded boss tr2.

im looking at stripping back, and trying some new things (just pulled the trigger on Pepper spray, and the sonic stomp clone. also gonna look at the slapchop when its a available again. Basically the tone im aiming for is totally albini worship :-)  clean, trebly, boosted clang, and percolator fuzz madness, maybe with some reverb. I even bought a copper pick (no travis bean for me though, sadly)

dont have a band yet, but i just thought i would start writing m=some stuff and wait for members to fail into place.

any other recommendation for builds? again - clean but abrasive is what im looking for
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

madbean

I'm sorry to hear about the end of your band. It's tough, unless you don't like them! I think it's a good idea to just jump right back into it. It's not like breaking up a girlfriend....who needs time to heal when there's rock to be made? I wish I had done that when I moved away from Dallas and quit my old band years ago.

Anyway, I think you'll like the Pepper Spray....I'm going to build another this week and box it up.

the3secondrule

Quote from: madbean on February 20, 2011, 02:45:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the end of your band. It's tough, unless you don't like them! I think it's a good idea to just jump right back into it. It's not like breaking up a girlfriend....who needs time to heal when there's rock to be made? I wish I had done that when I moved away from Dallas and quit my old band years ago.

Anyway, I think you'll like the Pepper Spray....I'm going to build another this week and box it up.

hmmm, as much I really did love this band (it was me and two of my best mates), i kinda feel like we have run our course to some extent. certainly it felt like it was less my band than when it started, and our song writing definatley hit a bit of a rut (my new rule for what ever project follows is no dropped d tuning, no power chords)  I'm sad that its over, but im looking forward to imposing some new challenges. we rocked the two guitar and drums (no bass) for long enough, that now i'm looking forward to being the only guitarist, and playing with a bassist  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

also, I already have a perc clone, but i'm looking forward to trying the different iterations to see what works best for me. I note the clone that I have barely makes unity gain with the clipping diodes engaged. would you say the same of the pepperspray?
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"