News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage Fright Minor Gripe

Started by Scruffie, October 25, 2013, 05:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

It's been bugging me since day 1 but it's actually a 6/7 stage phaser  :P the output is a fixed phase stage... I tried to not say anything!  ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

kothoma

Right.

I wonder what would happen if this extra allpass was only applied to the feedback and not for the direct mix.

Scruffie

Quote from: kothoma on October 26, 2013, 12:31:01 AM
Right.

I wonder what would happen if this extra allpass was only applied to the feedback and not for the direct mix.
Like in that Ross Phaser? Could be cool... maybe like odd/even feedback? Brain can't think properly today.
Works at Lectric-FX

jimilee

Quote from: Scruffie on October 26, 2013, 08:06:56 AM
Right.

Like in that Ross Phaser? Could be cool... maybe like odd/even feedback? Brain can't think properly today.
I recently did a Ross with extra stages, super chewy, but still not as chewy as this with the trim turned all the way up.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Scruffie

Quote from: jimilee on October 26, 2013, 08:10:09 AM

Right.

I recently did a Ross with extra stages, super chewy, but still not as chewy as this with the trim turned all the way up.
Not the OTA ROSS (it wouldn't be as chewy at 4 stages vs 6/7) older FET package and only affecting the feedback path, I imagine it would be the difference between additive & subtractive feedback phasing.
Works at Lectric-FX

kothoma

Quote from: Scruffie on October 27, 2013, 05:47:31 PM
Quote from: jimilee on October 26, 2013, 08:10:09 AM

Right.

Not the OTA ROSS (it wouldn't be as chewy at 4 stages vs 6/7) older FET package and only affecting the feedback path, I imagine it would be the difference between additive & subtractive feedback phasing.

Yeah, I was also thinking of the old ROSS FET phaser.
One allpass shifts 90° at the corner frequency.