News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Post - My Sunking Build

Started by sst4270, February 21, 2011, 05:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sst4270

Hope you like my version of the Sunking. Thanks Brian for providing these great boards.
I missed one single solder pin that had me scratching my head for awhile, but once I discovered it all was good. (You can see it in the close up of the underside of the board Pin 3 of IC3) Great pedal and board.
Nice rich clean boost and the overdrive is very responsive. I think the owner of this pedal is going to be very happy indeed.

And in case you're wondering the artwork is Bake-On decal paper.

Regards,

Steve

madbean

Tight work and excellent soldering. Thanks for posting and welcome!

redbean

Looks great!   ;)

That must've been fun!  :)

es là-bas!!

FuzzMonkey

Very nice. Love the tie in with the LED and the graphics.

Ang3lus

that bake on decal looks like a great idea

did you clearcoat it afterwards ?

sst4270

Thanks for the comments. No I did not clear coat afterwards. The bake-on stuff is extremely rugged. I've taken a screw driver and lightly scratched across it and it doesn't come off.

madbean

I'm gonna be totally lazy and not search my own forum so I can just go ahead and ask where can one purchase such a product as bake on decal paper.

redbean

Quote from: madbean on February 22, 2011, 03:33:29 PM
I'm gonna be totally lazy and not search my own forum so I can just go ahead and ask where can one purchase such a product as bake on decal paper.

Hi Brian,

How about this manufacturer?: http://www.hyaz.com

Btw, I love your website and all the great work being done here.  8)

Aram
es là-bas!!

irmcdermott

Quote from: madbean on February 22, 2011, 03:33:29 PM

here too
http://www.texascraft.com/hps/home.php?cat=303

stecykmi

interesting enclosure, did you just sand the sharp corners off a hammond (or clone) or did it come like that?

jkokura

Thats a pedal enclosures enclosure.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Quote from: jkokura on February 22, 2011, 08:30:53 PM
Thats a pedal enclosures enclosure.

Jacob

say that 10 times quickly  :D

Nice work Steve!  Welcome to the forum!

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

sst4270

1. Bake-on decal paper: http://www.papilio.com/laser%20bake%20on%20water%20slide%20decal%20paper.html

It comes in White and Clear. It can be a little finicky going through some laser printers. Just follow the instructions. Obviously the centaur was done with clear. The clear all but dissappears on any kind of colored enclosure. I recently used white for an Uproar/Riot build. See attached artwork below. I'll be posting actual photos in a separate thread. It's expensive, but I think it's so worth the price considering durability, ease of use, and the time it saves over other artwork methods.

2. Yes the enclosure is from Pedal Enclosures. It's one of their YY enclosures. They are custom made by them and they aren't available anywhere else. They are extremely heavy (durable) compared to standard Hammond type enclosures with almost TRIPLE the wall thickness. But you pay for that. Just the plain unfinished version is $15.49. I have only one problem with the enclosure. Because the walls are so thick you can't use any kind of lock washers with standard jacks and pots. Other than that I chose it because it most similar to the original centaur enclosure. http://www.pedalenclosures.com/Products/tabid/69/c/YY-enclosures/CategoryID/4/Default.aspx

Regards,

Steve

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thats a great looking build! I can't wait to get mine up and going!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

rhcp311

That Sunking looks awesome! I'm a sucker for anything with a blue LED, and that enclosure is super cool. Very nice!