News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

White Rhino and SunDrive

Started by k.rock!, February 22, 2011, 07:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Hey guys!

This is my White Rhino (EgoDriver). It is a new out of an old build. It has the following capacitor types and clipping diode on it:

C2: Silver Mica
C6 & C8: Panasonic Film
C7, C9, C10: Tantalum
C5: Ceramic
The rest are 50V rated greenies
D1: BAT41

I've built a few of these and every one of them has different types of caps and diodes and to me this combination is by far the best one! Here's a YouTube video:

The controls are Temper (Volume), Rage (Gain) and Huff (Tone). It has a Roar (Bypass) switch and an Attack (HP/LP) switch.

The SunDrive is for a friend of mine and it is the GGG modded TS808 with the boutique mods but with symmetrical clipping. I didn't care much for the asymmetrical configuration. He chose the entire theme concept of a Mayan Calendar and a flamming sun and then he kinda started thinking about 12-21-12 and all that stuff so it ended having the date on the clipping diode selector switch and Intensity, DOOM and Stone controls.

Hope you guys like them!

-Kaleb

[attachment deleted by admin]
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

madbean

Man, these look great! The lettering on the Rhino jumps right off the box.

night-B

Beerdog80

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Thank you guys! Coming from all of youit's a huge compliment  ;D
What did u guys think about the sound of it? Does it sound pretty similiar to what you guys may have built already? Any ideas, improvements? :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

I forgot to embed the video into the post. Now it's a little more accessible. Enjoy!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

night-B

redbean

Kudos!! Looks beautiful and sounds great!  ;)
es là-bas!!

k.rock!

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate it! :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com