Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.01 - Function F(x) Fundraiser Announcement

Started by madbean, November 01, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Quote from: pickdropper on January 26, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on January 26, 2015, 03:07:43 PM
I think both George and Mike need a Clustefuzz.  There, back on topic.

Thanks.  For a minute there, I thought I had permanently derailed it into a Stryper thread (shudder).

Hahaha.... Look what I started!  I just wanted to relay that I am using it live and finding it enjoyable!!!!!!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Not speaking of Stryper...has anyone checked out the lead singer from Cinderella lately? I think his name is Tom Keefer...? Anyway, if you know that band you his vocal style was...err, unique. Apparently he blew out his esophagus and had to learn to sing differently. And, he sounds totally different now. Plus, he plays country or something.

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on January 26, 2015, 04:51:48 PM
Not speaking of Stryper...has anyone checked out the lead singer from Cinderella lately? I think his name is Tom Keefer...? Anyway, if you know that band you his vocal style was...err, unique. Apparently he blew out his esophagus and had to learn to sing differently. And, he sounds totally different now. Plus, he plays country or something.

I guess you don't know what you got till it's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Quote from: gtr2 on January 26, 2015, 03:54:06 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on January 26, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on January 26, 2015, 03:07:43 PM
I think both George and Mike need a Clustefuzz.  There, back on topic.

Thanks.  For a minute there, I thought I had permanently derailed it into a Stryper thread (shudder).

Hahaha.... Look what I started!  I just wanted to relay that I am using it live and finding it enjoyable!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm really glad you are digging it.

We've been getting tremendous feedback from everybody who tries it.  Hopefully, more folks will know about us soon.
Function f(x)

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

madbean

Thank you to the guys here that ordered a CFuzz. I mean, that's really outstanding and unexpected. We all really, really appreciate your support.

We are getting some traction with the pedal and it feels good.

playpunk

Well, at least we know that your designs are good and not 80% BS, unlike some booteekers.

Oh and it sounds freaking amazing too.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

pickdropper

In case some of you are interested, Justnick did a review of the Clusterfuzz.  You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giRUmOrSi_E

There's a lot of playing before he starts talking.  I believe he starts talking around the 16:40 mark.

Function f(x)

jubal81

Quote from: pickdropper on February 16, 2015, 08:47:25 AM
In case some of you are interested, Justnick did a review of the Clusterfuzz.  You can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giRUmOrSi_E

There's a lot of playing before he starts talking.  I believe he starts talking around the 16:40 mark.

Wow. You couldn't really ask for a better review. In addition to all the great things he said about it, and the sounds, you know he wouldn't have opened with him using it at a gig if he didn't love it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cooder

Awesome! Brilliant review, brilliant pedal!
And Nick presenting it like that, with a great endorsement at the start of a live TV gig and then an 30 min indepth video, lotsa great sounds, what's left to be said?! 8)
Good on ya guys!
BigNoise Amplification

madbean

His review is very insightful into the idea behind the CF. But, I do think he gives a little too much credit in the idea that every small nuance was carefully planned. Some things are happy accidents. That said, he totally nailed how I would describe the CF in a much more eloquent way. Huzzah for JustNick!

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on February 16, 2015, 08:04:38 PM
But, I do think he gives a little too much credit in the idea that every small nuance was carefully planned.

Well, that's not totally true.  During board population, every component is properly weighed and measured against similar components to determine that it's the most awesome part available.  I find this works best:

Or did you not want me to tell them that?
Function f(x)

the3secondrule

It's not often that I shell out for a "boutique" pedal (and I say boutique with the most positive of connotations), but I'm gassing hard for this bad boy.
Is there any southern hemisphere distro in the pipelines? or failing that, are you guys selling direct?
I need one of these critters in my life :)

TLDR: GIMMEH!

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"