News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Log -- Rissole - COMPLETED

Started by alanp, November 03, 2013, 09:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I use a 40W iron, and I've never had a trace burn out.

I've got another Rissole layout with slightly thicker traces, but haven't shared it as I haven't had it fabbed and tested.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

JZA

I like fat traces where you can clearly see the circuit path, important if someone modifies or repairs at a later date, all my vintage gear stands up to repairs , hence them still being around today, I think small and hidden traces are something for economic and disposable devices. Like Japanese motherboards... They do look cool but  will they hold out 40 years or more, I'll be sure to let you know then , ;)

the north wind

Reviving a super old post here, but I just picked up a Rissole Meatball clone on Reverb.  It's got same layout as the one posted here, though it has a crazy psychedelic paint job. What does that toggle switch in the middle do?  Mine just seems to make a loud popping noise and makes the middle green LED come on, but I'm guessing it must have some other purpose. Thanks!

Quote from: alanp on November 07, 2013, 09:13:36 PM
Finished work early.

alanp

Stock, Q stays constant as the frequency changes. With the Moog Mod turned on, Q decreases with frequency. It can make the filter more usable with bass guitar.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

the north wind

Quote from: alanp on March 15, 2019, 01:54:15 PM
Stock, Q stays constant as the frequency changes. With the Moog Mod turned on, Q decreases with frequency. It can make the filter more usable with bass guitar.

Awesome, thanks so much for the reply!

Were the Rissole kits widely available, or just sold / made by someone here on this forum?

alanp

I sold a few blue-pcb Rissole 1.4 boards here, on the forum. After they were all gone, I shared the project on OSHpark. Some... person... downloaded the gerbers from OSH, got a load cheaply made in China, and started selling them on ebay. With no word to me about it. I don't share my new projects on OSHpark anymore.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

the north wind

Ugh, sorry to hear that.  I haven't opened it up yet, so not sure if this is one of the original batches or chinese take out.

Thanks for your work on the project though!  It's pretty awesome to be able to have a Meatball without taking out a second mortgage on the house.

LaceSensor

Quote from: alanp on March 15, 2019, 02:14:30 PM
I sold a few blue-pcb Rissole 1.4 boards here, on the forum. After they were all gone, I shared the project on OSHpark. Some... person... downloaded the gerbers from OSH, got a load cheaply made in China, and started selling them on ebay. With no word to me about it. I don't share my new projects on OSHpark anymore.

yeah I saw that person selling clones using your boards.
At first it was a doppelganger and I thought he had ripped off the PCB you and I worked on
Then I saw he posted guts and its clearly your work that he has totally ripped.
In the UK we use the word cunt to describe such reprobates