News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

UPDATE: Providence Stampede SOV-2 Boutique Overdrive - Interest?

Started by rullywowr, November 04, 2013, 11:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

I'd be in for a board as well. And I have both Eagle and Diptrace, the only reason I'm using Eagle more is because I'm so used to it..... Can I bother you now and then with a Diptrace question?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Peteyboy

Quote from: alanp on November 05, 2013, 03:33:54 AM

I think I'll call mine Vash... after Vash the Stampede, the 60 billion double dollar man :D

About the only time I crank up the gain on my amp is to play the this theme song.

rullywowr

Quote from: DutchMF on November 05, 2013, 06:44:17 PM
I'd be in for a board as well. And I have both Eagle and Diptrace, the only reason I'm using Eagle more is because I'm so used to it..... Can I bother you now and then with a Diptrace question?

Paul

Of course!  Glad to help out anytime, Paul.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jubal81

Boo. No native MAC version. Runs in Wine and REALLY buggy. Bummer.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

rullywowr

That's a bummer man. Hope they do come out with a Mac version. The only time it gets buggy in me is if I leave it open and put my laptop on standby. 

cooder

Would you have a BOM and schematic for this? Is there an ETA for the boards? Cheers
BigNoise Amplification

rullywowr

I will have those for you guys soon.  Mostly stock parts, but I will work on the BOM and Schematic.  Boards are anticipated in 20-30 days.  Hopefully they work too, that would be good.

:o

rullywowr

Boards are in!  I tested and verified today, sounds really good.  Had to do a little tweaking on the pot values but its a great sounding little overdrive.  I get pretty nervous when you fire up an untested PCB, for fear of ordering a bunch of duds, but I was very happy with this result.  The +18v charge pump adds a lot of headroom, and it works great as core dirt sound or with the level up and drive down to push a tube amp.  Tasty.  I will try to record a sound clip soon for you all to hear.  Here are some pics of the populated board (Yes, I need to wash the flux off and get a 200R resistor to replace the "teepee") :)

Link to build doc:
http://www.rullywow.com/build_docs/Avalanche_v1.0.pdf

I will PM all those who PM'd me shortly.  I should have some extra as well.  Thanks for checking it out!

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

hoodoo

Board arrived in Oz today, taped inside a thank you card, nice touch :) Can't wait to build it, thanks Ben.

rullywowr

Glad it arrived safely!  I really dig the sound of this one, I A/Bed it with my OCD clone and I just can't play the OCD anymore.

Ben

luks999

Hi Ben

Cool new project! i just stumbled across this overdrive, (Matt schofield is playin one) and then i came across your new pcb!
awesome! seems i ordered too early ;)

gtr2

Quote from: luks999 on November 06, 2014, 09:55:52 AM
Hi Ben

Cool new project! i just stumbled across this overdrive, (Matt schofield is playin one) and then i came across your new pcb!

Whisper voice...this was from last year - Nov 2013  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

luks999

wah didnt look on the year! (thought it was nov 2014) now im embarrassed :P

erm but which one is it then? the AVALANCHE ?

Quote from: gtr2 on November 06, 2014, 11:34:28 AM
Quote from: luks999 on November 06, 2014, 09:55:52 AM
Hi Ben

Whisper voice...this was from last year - Nov 2013  ;)

jhigginb

Yes on the Avalanche.   Great sounding pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk