News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Attempt at Harbinger One Wiring Diagram

Started by Gilmourisgod, November 07, 2013, 06:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilmourisgod

On behalf of the Noob Contingent, I submit my crude attempt at a wiring diagram for the Harbinger One. I am using a 9V One Spot wall wart power supply, so I have populated the filter PCB and jumpered R54. I have deleted C22 and D1 per the build docs. I based this on the Madbean standard wiring diagrams, minus a battery snap. I'm unclear if it makes any difference which pins on the Chorus/Vibrato and Vintage/Modern switches are wired to the square pads on the PCB. I just showed the pin 1 wires to the SPD1 and SPD2 pads on the PCB to avoid the mess of wiring on the diagram. Please let me know where I screwed up, or better methods to wire this. Thanks!

Rockhorst

Don't mind me, but I think you should just use the board mount option with the harbinger. It's a pretty tight build and soldering the switches and pots directly on the board will save you a lot of hassle. Also, the holes on the pcb for the switches are really large, to accommodate the switch: not really meant for wires.

Gilmourisgod

I drew the switches wired just for clarity on the diagram, but I have been thinking about using big clunky old-school switches, which I don't think would work with the PCB holes, so I may have to wire them anyway. I was going to use a 1590BB "Tall"  or a 1790 box to give me the extra box depth needed. Any other comments on the diagram?

LaceSensor

The wiring diagram seems accurate
I would wire the output sleeve to GND also but thats me.

Gilmourisgod

Yeah, the standard wiring diagrams show either input or output sleeve grounded, guess it couldn't hurt to do both with the pads provided. Any comments on the switch wiring? Why the square pads if the pin out orientation on the switch bodies doesn't matter?

rullywowr

Quote from: Rockhorst on November 07, 2013, 06:11:17 PM
Don't mind me, but I think you should just use the board mount option with the harbinger. It's a pretty tight build and soldering the switches and pots directly on the board will save you a lot of hassle. Also, the holes on the pcb for the switches are really large, to accommodate the switch: not really meant for wires.

+1.  Just use the PCB mount option. Off board wiring is just a huge pita.

The square pads for the switches just show where pin 1 is - not really important on this build but is a help when designing a PCB so you know which way switches what....

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pryde

Honestly I would not use the small filter board for 9v operation. The filtering on the main board is more than enough. I have built 3 of these and tried all filtering options and different power and there is no difference in terms of noise. The circuit runs very quiet with the main board filtering.

Guitarmageddon

Yes, all looks fine to me too.
Personally, I find a constantly flashing light annoying. You could use the rate indicator led as the status led too, just connect the negative leg to lug one of the footswitch instead (no clr required).  It'll still flash when the effect is on, just not in bypass.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Gilmourisgod

Guitar
Great suggestion, one big old amp jewel light flashing in time with throb. Perfect ! Pcb all populated except for some back ordered caps from Mouser. Can't wait to finish and fire up, will post in build reports. Thanks for advice all.