Author Topic: Forum search secrets revealed!  (Read 5796 times)

gtr2

• Electron Doctor
  • Josh
    • View Profile
    • 1776 effects
Forum search secrets revealed!
« on: February 24, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
Since I've been here I've always struggled to find old threads, even when I knew the thread name and typed it in the search box. 

Well I made a discovery... :o

The search function will only search the forum subdivision you are currently in.  For example if I type in "build off" in the search box above on this page you will get lots of build info but nothing about the previous build off or a future build off.  Go to the main forum page (with the forum categories) and type it in the search box and you will find the information about a potential future build off and last summers build off further down the page.

To sum it up:  To search the entire forum you must go the the forums main page otherwise you may not find the enlightenment you seek  ;)

This is different than other forum searches and the reason I had trouble finding threads.

Hope this helps the other members!

josh

madbean

• Administrator
  • Electron Doctor
  • Brian
    • View Profile
Re: Forum search secrets revealed!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:25:26 AM »
Man, that's good to know. Thanks for posting this! Sticky.
I own madbeanpedals (duh). I am part owner of Function F(X).

Haberdasher

• Electron Doctor
  • "El Duder-ino"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
Indeed it's true.  The way I find threads is go to the subforum I think it was posted in and I search for a word or phrase I remember from the discussion.  I've never had a whole lot of luck remembering the exact name of a thead.

Anyway, that has always worked for me.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABRICATED PCB's FOR SALE:

Diamond

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »
Yeah I noticed this too! You could also search the forum using Google by typing in "site:madbeanpedals.com/forum" followed by your search words.