News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Forum search secrets revealed!

Started by gtr2, February 24, 2011, 09:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Since I've been here I've always struggled to find old threads, even when I knew the thread name and typed it in the search box. 

Well I made a discovery... :o

The search function will only search the forum subdivision you are currently in.  For example if I type in "build off" in the search box above on this page you will get lots of build info but nothing about the previous build off or a future build off.  Go to the main forum page (with the forum categories) and type it in the search box and you will find the information about a potential future build off and last summers build off further down the page.

To sum it up:  To search the entire forum you must go the the forums main page otherwise you may not find the enlightenment you seek  ;)

This is different than other forum searches and the reason I had trouble finding threads.

Hope this helps the other members!

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Man, that's good to know. Thanks for posting this! Sticky.

Haberdasher

Indeed it's true.  The way I find threads is go to the subforum I think it was posted in and I search for a word or phrase I remember from the discussion.  I've never had a whole lot of luck remembering the exact name of a thead.

Anyway, that has always worked for me.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Diamond

Yeah I noticed this too! You could also search the forum using Google by typing in "site:madbeanpedals.com/forum" followed by your search words.

Aristatertotle

Quote from: Diamond on March 27, 2012, 10:14:25 AM
Yeah I noticed this too! You could also search the forum using Google by typing in "site:madbeanpedals.com/forum" followed by your search words.

Super necro, but as a general PSA for people trying to find things while the forum search function is down the above tip works wonders.