News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4 builds & 1 re-decal

Started by juansolo, November 13, 2013, 09:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Banana?
An Emma Reezafratzitz clone built on a THN Technik board fabbed by Haberdasher. Really good distortion this one. I'm surprised it's not built more.

Why minions? Why Reezafratzitz...?

Cyberbird
A Wampler Tweed 57 clone built on a VIPFx Tweedybird PCB. A distortion that aims to emulate the sound of a 1957 Fender Tweed.

Speedy Marie
This was something Jason (Jubal81) of the Madbean forum came up with. It's a Crowther Hotcake using Joe Davisson's discrete diode compression opamp. It's really rather good. It should be running at 18v but I forgot to put the charge pump in there. That'll get sorted later.

Tried some matt vinyl decals for a change. I won't be using them again as they cause the Envirotex to have loads of tiny bubbles in it which is a real pain. You can't really see them, but the camera really picks them up.

Zero Point Module
A stripped down Madbean ZPDD.

Small Clone
A re-decal of my Small Clone with the same style of one I used on Cleggy's.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Gledison

Very nice work here!
did you use transparent decal or white ones?
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

Vallhagen

Quote from: juansolo on November 13, 2013, 09:05:38 PM
Banana?
An Emma Reezafratzitz clone ...

This thing gets me extremely interested! Never heard of it, but theres a 4069!! Is there a thread somewhere?

And... good work as always!

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

juansolo

Transparent on the Small Clone, Cyberbird and Zero Point. Vinyl on the Speedy Marie and Banana. They look really cool but they gas so they don't work well with Envirotex. Gloss white decals are ok as they're film like the transparent ones I just fancied trying the vinyl ones for a change.

Thread for the Reeza here: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=670

Worth socketing the 4069 and trying different ones.

timbo_93631

not sure anyone is gonna notice the finish imperfections on speedy marie...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

juansolo

Quote from: timbo_93631 on November 13, 2013, 09:52:58 PM
not sure anyone is gonna notice the finish imperfections on speedy marie...

I might have Photoshopped the worst bits out a little...  :-[  I wouldn't normally but after taking 100 photographs of the front of the thing and not getting one usable one, I had to do something.

...and to be fair, to the eye you can't really see them.

micromegas

Man, astounding builds.

I have the Reezzafratfritz? on my "next to do" list and maybe I'll give it a try with Eagle....

The Speedy Mary looks like an interesting build too, where can I find an  schematic or a pcb at least?
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

juansolo

The Speedy Marie is Jubal81's baby. Bob him a PM though I still think it's a work in progress so no idea if he has any more boards or is releasing it 'out there'.

hoodoo

Love that small clone, and i'm always a little dissapointed when a Juansolo build report has no boobs, so thumbs up from me ;)

jimilee

These are outstanding man! You've really outdone yourself.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Battle Angel Alita (?) for a 57 tweed? Kinda like using the Terminator to sell D-hole gypsy jazz guitars ;) :)

Great work as always! (Although... is the 'Made In Yorkshire' a boast, or a warning? ;) :) :) :) )
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

How do you keep the envirotex from running over the edges but still have a raised edge?  Very nice looking!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

televisiondown

That small clone looks great!
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

Vallhagen

Quote from: juansolo on November 13, 2013, 09:52:16 PM
Thread for the Reeza here: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=670

Worth socketing the 4069 and trying different ones.

Thanx:) Ill check it out!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

juansolo

Quote from: alanp on November 14, 2013, 02:08:21 AM
Battle Angel Alita (?) for a 57 tweed? Kinda like using the Terminator to sell D-hole gypsy jazz guitars ;) :)

I have two rules when I have no idea what to put on a decal. Does anything by Malleus fit? or go Anime/Manga ;)

Quote from: alanp on November 14, 2013, 02:08:21 AMGreat work as always! (Although... is the 'Made In Yorkshire' a boast, or a warning? ;) :) :) :) )

Bit of both: America spied on Yorkshire 'for about five minutes'

Quote from: gordo on November 14, 2013, 03:00:45 AM
How do you keep the envirotex from running over the edges but still have a raised edge?  Very nice looking!

Cleggy is an Envirotex ninja: Envirotex tutorial