News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your suggestions for etching projects

Started by madbean, November 15, 2013, 02:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

As I mentioned here, I'm redesigning a lot of the old etching projects to bring them up to my current standards. However, this doesn't have to be limited to things I've done. What are some projects you etchers would like to see available? Make some suggestions and they just might happen. I'm feeling over-confident :)

jkokura

EHX POG, Digitech Whammy, Boss RV-5 and Frank Zappa's discography.

Jacob

I Kiid.
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

artstomp

..the green bean would be fun for newbies..

Gledison

Maybe some difficult flanger!
Whatever you add i think all the junkies here will build  anyway! :-/
Cheers Brian
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

wolfingsworth

You have such an awesome library of etchables already! I guess I will second the Green Bean and maybe a Rangemaster that has a little less Mojo would be cool.

DutchMF

We should get Haberdasher in on this discussion! I mean, he etches for all of us who don't want to get in on that stuff ourselves....... But...... I think a lot of people would like to see the old 2-channel Boneyard, and a lot of the stuff that's based on a well known boutique fx company that uses a lot of BS170 transistors.... There used to be a lot of that stuff around here. Also, the one box that brought me to this place (and I never built!!!!), the MI Audio Crunchbox!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

I've just realised that I'm at a very odd place where there are no effects I actually want/need... It's peculiar and I'm sure I'll snap out of it shortly.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

rullywowr

Quote from: juansolo on November 15, 2013, 10:37:40 PM
I've just realised that I'm at a very odd place where there are no effects I actually want/need... It's peculiar and I'm sure I'll snap out of it shortly.
You sure you are feeling OK? :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

icecycle66

Daughter boards, daughter boards, all the daughter boards!
A madbean 3pdt.
A board for combining two 3008 chips to make a 3005
A wet/dry mix that can be added to various MB boards
Tap tempo board
Some sort of board that can hook up with the effect circuit so that you can use a momentary switch to rapidly engage and disengage the effect.
Splitter boards we can use to put a selection of options (like different trannies or diodes) that we can wire to the circuit board and increase our clipping options and what not.
Other things like this that I don't even know about.

Also vertical layouts for kokbox etc, like the stub I was done for the zombie.

icecycle66

That deadastronaut reverb chrome sphere has been pimping.

wgc

Would love to see a 1590a flanger or phase 90!  ;-)

Have plans to do some smd versions that should fit the bill as soon as work slows down a bit
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

ggarms

spaceboss

Maybe some EQD stuff: Hummingbird/ Vox Repeat Percussion would be a rad pedal--especially if there was a way to accentuate or control some of the ring-moddish qualities.

selfdestroyer

I am addicted to etching. Its my favorite part of the build... well next to playing with the pedal. I am so excited that you are wanting to make more etchable layouts for us etchers. Thanks so much Brian.

Quote from: icecycle66 on November 16, 2013, 12:05:44 AM
Daughter boards, daughter boards, all the daughter boards!
A madbean 3pdt.
A board for combining two 3008 chips to make a 3005
A wet/dry mix that can be added to various MB boards
Tap tempo board
Some sort of board that can hook up with the effect circuit so that you can use a momentary switch to rapidly engage and disengage the effect.
Splitter boards we can use to put a selection of options (like different trannies or diodes) that we can wire to the circuit board and increase our clipping options and what not.

+1

and a few others on my mind
OpAmp BMP
Green Bean
Univox SuperFuzz
Test Rig of some sorts

Govmnt_Lacky

Dont know if it has been mentioned yet but...... this would be INCREDIBLY useful....

A de-facto drop in adapter board to use the MN3007 chip in place of the SAD1024. As compact as possible  ;)

I know they have been done but, something readily available would make repairs and projects using the SAD chip much easier!  8)