News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Design and Development Board Tutorial (Prototyping)

Started by jkokura, February 24, 2011, 03:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

You welcome.

I just use a pair of berhinger headphones.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: sgmezei on June 18, 2011, 11:24:18 AM
at CultureJam

Can I ask what the cap on the speaker hookups is?

My guess is a power supply filtering cap to get clean DC voltage. Probably 100uf from 9v to GND.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

add4

i'm looking for a fast and easy way to hook up the pots to the breadboard, without soldering them
anyone has a good solution for that?

jkokura

Use PCB mount Pots. The have pins built in.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

Quote from: add4 on January 20, 2012, 06:02:19 AM
i'm looking for a fast and easy way to hook up the pots to the breadboard, without soldering them
anyone has a good solution for that?

You can use a trim pot as well.  Granted your stuck with a linear taper.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jeffaroo

mount your pots to a small plate and solder short wires to them, then connect the wires to a terminal strip
now you can jump to the board off the terminal strip. My plate is about 12" long with all my hard-mounts on it. in/out/power switch/led/6 pots of different values   ;D
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

Bufferz

Here what I am using:

I hear that pcb mount pots can work as well, though they may wear out the breadboard.
affiliations: TFX

danwelsh

Thanks Jacob.  One question.  Could a person be ablessed to add the testing rig probe to this?

jkokura

Yep.

The Testing Rig PCB could easily be incorporated into this sort of a setup easily. This would provide you with on board signal and headphone amp, which is usually helpful while prototyping late at night like I usually do. The benefit of course would be that you can also use it for testing finished PCBs, and then troubleshooting them with an audio probe.

However, I like having two separate setups. I prefer to use my testing rig with probe separate. You can use a simple wire to probe a circuit that's on your breadboard, and in fact, the output connection to the junction box functions just this way.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

danwelsh

Quote from: jkokura on November 23, 2014, 08:05:01 AM
Yep.

The Testing Rig PCB could easily be incorporated into this sort of a setup easily. This would provide you with on board signal and headphone amp, which is usually helpful while prototyping late at night like I usually do. The benefit of course would be that you can also use it for testing finished PCBs, and then troubleshooting them with an audio probe.

However, I like having two separate setups. I prefer to use my testing rig with probe separate. You can use a simple wire to probe a circuit that's on your breadboard, and in fact, the output connection to the junction box functions just this way.

Jacob

Right on man. Thanks

Dan