News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fundraiser PCB shipping status

Started by madbean, November 20, 2013, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

First off, thanks to everyone that has ordered the boards and donated so far. We are getting toward our goal and I think we will make it by Dec. 1st!

Second, after our meeting last night we discussed the problem with one of the SMD parts for the NoMojo fuzz not being available for some international customers (the three 47uF caps). So, we decided we are going to include those for the international orders only. The caps have been ordered from Mouser and will be here by Saturday. I expect we'll have all the international orders shipped by Monday assuming the caps arrive on time. A bit of a delay, but I think it will be worth the wait.

The domestic orders up to date should all be shipped tomorrow!

billstein

I'm not international so I don't receive this benefit but I just want to give you major props for doing this. Nice one.

On another note, I won't be able to order anything until I get paid at the first of the month, will there still be boards available?

jimilee

Cheers to you three and your fantastic business sense.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: billstein on November 20, 2013, 04:58:51 PM
I'm not international so I don't receive this benefit but I just want to give you major props for doing this. Nice one.

On another note, I won't be able to order anything until I get paid at the first of the month, will there still be boards available?

There should be leftovers. We'll figure out what to do with those when the time comes, but yeah I expect you will be able to.

rullywowr

FWIW, if you are just getting into Smd, I ordered 50pcs of tantalum 47uF caps off eBay for $15.99 from china. Sometimes if you can wait its worth it, and it doesn't hurt to get a stash of smd components ready for the next project.

That's really cool of function (fx) to include those in the orders for int'l customers btw!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

muddyfox

@Rully: yeah, I've seen that listing (isn't it Hong Kong?) and they are on my short 2buy list when I get my paycheck in two weeks. Getting the f(x) package kinda drained my hobby budget for this month.  :D Also, I didn't consider them for this build as the D package (as far as I understand it and admittedly it's not all that far) is double in both length and width the 1210 size?

@f(x) kru: Brian, that's great news. Not just because you are sparing a few of us the hassle of spending (comparatively) big bucks on three bits of sand but mostly because you give enough furry creature's bee-hind about your customers (who's money you already have) to discuss the matter amongst yourselves without any arm-twisting on the boards. The fact that you did all that of your own accord earns all y'all at f(x) HQ major propz from me and a big ole thank you.

Still, if there's any sort of a group buy happening, I'd still be in just to stock up on this sort of thing. Paul?

Tremster

Quote from: muddyfox on November 20, 2013, 11:09:27 PM
@f(x) kru: Brian, that's great news. Not just because you are sparing a few of us the hassle of spending (comparatively) big bucks on three bits of sand but mostly because you give enough furry creature's bee-hind about your customers (who's money you already have) to discuss the matter amongst yourselves without any arm-twisting on the boards. The fact that you did all that of your own accord earns all y'all at f(x) HQ major propz from me and a big ole thank you.

Still, if there's any sort of a group buy happening, I'd still be in just to stock up on this sort of thing. Paul?
So much this!

twin1965

I appreciate the gesture. Not only  because I'm getting a freebie but because the community ethos displayed in this forum is strong. This level of customer service shown by yourselves will help you in your new company. That's for sure!  Many thanks guys :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

micromegas

I haven't got into the fundraiser yet because I needed fundings my self for it. But I plan to do it tomorrow or the day after. As it's going to be an international order,  would my pcbs be shipped on monday too with the unavaliable caps?

Thank you anyway for your gesture. You're demonstrating to be very nice people (although you didn't need to demonstrate it).
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

rullywowr

Just got my shipping notification with tracking!  Awesome.  How are your thumbs and tape dispenser holding up? :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!