News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

9yo boxing a LAUDAH :)

Started by Vallhagen, December 04, 2013, 12:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallhagen

Hi!

At least partly inspired by Willybombs "Kids Pedal Workshop", i spent two evenings letting the youngest guy here building his own stompbox. Great fun. Of course i helped him with instructions all the way, but basically he did all the moments himself, everything from populating the pcb to drilling enclosure and offboard soldering ... :). The solders doesnt look that pro, but it powers up nicely:)

The circuit is LAUDAH, my take on the Jack Orman Mosfet boost / mb Thunderpuss.

Cheers

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

selfdestroyer

Love that purple vein paint. Looks great.  All he needs to do is cut the extra lead ends on the 3PDT and it will look like hes been doing it for months. He did a great job.

mshuptar

That's awesome! Does your kid play guitar, too?

davent

Nicely done!

How hard was it to sit back and watch and not get your hands in there?

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

Fantastic! My 6 year old has been chomping at the bit to get on some solder. And yes, does he play also?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

kothoma

Wow!

Now you can start to lean back, dream up pedals and have them built...

Vallhagen

Thanx guys:) Ill pass on some comments to him:)

Quote from: mshuptar on December 04, 2013, 05:39:02 PM
That's awesome! Does your kid play guitar, too?

Actually not. He plays some piano. When it comes to this stompbox hobby, he has shown some great interest though. He's like "wow that looks cool" about a blue cap. Or "wow, is that a CHIP?". Also, he has done some paintjob on my boxes. 

Quote from: davent on December 04, 2013, 06:24:19 PM
Nicely done!

How hard was it to sit back and watch and not get your hands in there?

Good question! I think it was a bit of good therapy for me... To NOT doublecheck every solder joint and re-do them for quality reasons etc... Also it was a bit of a challenge to set up the task. To keep it "just enough difficult". To sum it up, it went almost surprisingly smooth.

Cheers!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

jprizz

THAT is awesome! Props to all you dad's out there raising the next generation of 'Beaners'

Willybomb

*shrug* His offboard wiring isn't any worse than anything I've ever done...

Gledison

Great job! with my age he will have 1000 stompboxes :P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?