News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

12.13 Etcher's Paradise update

Started by madbean, December 13, 2013, 06:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peteyboy

Thanks for all this work :)

Seems like a good time to learn to etch finally.

FX-Rated

Insane!!! Building all of these will drive me Insane!  ;D Thanks a looot!

Superstereosix

In Defense Of Humans
affiliations: No TV

LaceSensor

Gledison

Don't feed the animaaaaaaaaaaals!!
hehehe,
Thanks a lot Brian! i will already order 5 Galons of Ferric Chloride :P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

m-Kresol

I'm looking forward to my first etching attempts. Always wanted to check out our polymer chemistry yellow rooms (UV-free) and use the UV chamber for curing the etching mask. Also, we've got tons of ferric chloride in the basement storage  ;D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

micromegas

Quote from: m-Kresol on January 15, 2014, 02:40:06 PM
I'm looking forward to my first etching attempts. Always wanted to check out our polymer chemistry yellow rooms (UV-free) and use the UV chamber for curing the etching mask. Also, we've got tons of ferric chloride in the basement storage  ;D

I've use photosensitive boards many times and you don't really need a chamber, a fluorescent light in a dark room can give you very good results (I used to make pcbs in my kitchen..)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

m-Kresol

Quote from: micromegas on January 15, 2014, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on January 15, 2014, 02:40:06 PM

I've use photosensitive boards many times and you don't really need a chamber, a fluorescent light in a dark room can give you very good results (I used to make pcbs in my kitchen..)

I'm well aware that you don't really need a UV chamber. It's more of a "Just because I can" thing :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

micromegas

Quote from: m-Kresol on January 16, 2014, 09:43:12 AM
I'm well aware that you don't really need a UV chamber. It's more of a "Just because I can" thing :D

Oh, man, you are going to miss all the fun then  :P
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

guile

ggarms

Hey where do you guys get your copper clad from? I've been trying a few different suppliers lately- I found a guy on Ebay with red board (which excited me because who doesn't want colored PCBs), however the stuff was barely thicker than a few pages of newspaper and the traces come off rather easily.I've had success with steve's fr4 over at SB, and I just tried tayda's with decent results. Any other ideas/suppliers come to mind?

billstein

Quote from: ggarms on January 22, 2014, 09:54:27 AM
Hey where do you guys get your copper clad from? I've been trying a few different suppliers lately- I found a guy on Ebay with red board (which excited me because who doesn't want colored PCBs), however the stuff was barely thicker than a few pages of newspaper and the traces come off rather easily.I've had success with steve's fr4 over at SB, and I just tried tayda's with decent results. Any other ideas/suppliers come to mind?

I've been getting mine from abcfab on Ebay. It's thinner than Smallbears but I haven't had any problems with it. He sells different colors.

icecycle66

It's been five days since someone commented here.

nnghhh

davent

Quote from: ggarms on January 22, 2014, 09:54:27 AM

I use MG Chemicals presensitized boards which i can get locally or if ordering from Digikey, from them. If i'm in Toronto i can get Kinsten presensitized boards which are also available on ebay from various far east sellers but at no real cost advantage. The ones i did get from Asia however used a nice translucent white/green substrate as opposed to the gross brown/green crud colour of every other presensitized board i've ever purchased.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Strategy

Watching this thread closely, mainly because it has a few of the Tim Escobedo projects I've never been able to get to work, like Phuncgnosis! Mr. Madbean -- looking forward!!!
Strategy