News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Creating my own Kingslayer board

Started by AlejandroRivera, December 15, 2013, 09:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlejandroRivera

Hey guys! I've been messing around with EAGLE and I would like to design my own Kingslayer PCB
I would like to use separate dual opamps insted of using the quad op amp. Would that be a problem with the power regulator? Obviously I would rearrange my schematic so that every opamp would get the same power source 
It should be okay, right? I mean, the TL274 is like having 4 opamps in one package instead of 2 double, right? that's the only difference, the package, right?

Any help, suggestion on anything would be really appreciated!

midwayfair

Quote from: AlejandroRivera on December 15, 2013, 09:57:45 PMI would like to use separate dual opamps insted of using the quad op amp.

So ... you want to make a Klon? ;)

There may be other differences in the op amps you want to use. You have to check the datasheets.

gjcamann

AlejandroRivera

Thanks, both of you!
My main goal is to use the simplified power source of the Kingslayer and be able to change either the gain or tone/output op amp using different choices, since there are more dual op amps than quad op amps jejejeje
And obviously, using the mods!
I've been searching in datasheets but I haven't been able to be for sure if there any major differences between dual and quad (besides the fact that... one is double and the other one is quadruple ;) )

cpip

Did you end up making this? how'd it turn out?