News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

this was about 11 or 12 hours of soldering....

Started by B_of_H, March 03, 2011, 04:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_of_H

tap trem
echo base
aqua boy
5 ego drivers
5 spacklers
sunking
5 road rages
clean octave down
sabertooh

Jordo

LOL!   Thats what my desk looks like at the moment too!

maysink

OVERACHIEVER!

Joke! Looks beautiful. Let us know how that echo base turns out--I accidentally had my iron too hot and nuked my board..,  :(
[nothing to see here]
-e

bigmufffuzzwizz

DUDE!!! your a beast. i need to get ON my shit!!!
+1 on the musicpcb boards. what's your solution to the tap tempo boards needed for the echobase and the tremolo?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

err... I only count 4 spacklers.

Heehee...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Bored

CRBMoA

Quote from: maysink on March 03, 2011, 06:14:40 AM
OVERACHIEVER!

Joke! Looks beautiful. Let us know how that echo base turns out--I accidentally had my iron too hot and nuked my board..,  :(

Define Nuked. Traces are nothing more than little flat electrical connections. If you lifted and ruined a trace, just follow it upstream to the component it runs to, solder in your jumper wire and you are back in business.

I was recently adding a tone cap switch to a populated board. I MURDERED those traces trying to pull the old caps (It pays to be patient and get the right glasses so you can see what you are doing). Four jumpers and 15 minutes later, all was well with the world.

stevewire

B_of_H,
Wow!  Impressive.  I am jealous.  I only have three partially populated boards on my "bench"/folding table.

B_of_H

jk...nice catch.  yeah one of them was out of the pic most likely. 

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 03, 2011, 04:26:24 PM
+1 on the musicpcb boards. what's your solution to the tap tempo boards needed for the echobase and the tremolo?

I found a diagram for the taptation on perfboard via diystompboxes.  haven't built it yet.  (i wish the ptap was still available!  sucks big time)

the tremolo has built in tap tempo and the pcb comes with the IC. 

Quote from: Bored on March 03, 2011, 05:14:46 PM
Nice!!
What is the clean octave down??

musicpcb.com project based on the Boss OC-2.  I'm going to build it out with the envelope synth mod on a switch (or maybe just a knob)

eniacmike

Quote from: B_of_H on March 03, 2011, 06:40:58 PM
jk...nice catch.  yeah one of them was out of the pic most likely. 

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 03, 2011, 04:26:24 PM

I found a diagram for the taptation on perfboard via diystompboxes.  haven't built it yet.  (i wish the ptap was still available!  sucks big time)

Quote from: Bored on March 03, 2011, 05:14:46 PM
Nice!!
What is the clean octave down??

musicpcb.com project based on the Boss OC-2.  I'm going to build it out with the envelope synth mod on a switch (or maybe just a knob)

I built one up and it was okay. it's really glitchy alot like a clean version of a blue box. you can't play more than one note at a time.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'd like to see that diagram!  ;D
Thats good to know about the tremelo. I'm interested in building another one since my BYOC first build. I'm still trying to decide between that musicpcb board and the tremelus lune. both seem really cool and versatile...
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

B_of_H

Quote from: eniacmike on March 03, 2011, 11:38:46 PM

I built one up and it was okay. it's really glitchy alot like a clean version of a blue box. you can't play more than one note at a time.

it's supposed to be monophonic ala the boss oc-2

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 04, 2011, 12:32:09 AM

I'd like to see that diagram!  ;D
Thats good to know about the tremelo. I'm interested in building another one since my BYOC first build. I'm still trying to decide between that musicpcb board and the tremelus lune. both seem really cool and versatile...

I've built the ea trem, byoc 2 knob version of the ea trem, and the tremulus lune.

I think the lune is by far the most versatile and probably has the best sound but the ea/byoc are great and simple to use.  We'll see how they compare though, I'd think that the tap trem and the trem lune are probably pretty similar tone wise. 

maysink

Quote from: CRBMoA on March 03, 2011, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: maysink on March 03, 2011, 06:14:40 AM
OVERACHIEVER!

Define Nuked. Traces are nothing more than little flat electrical connections. If you lifted and ruined a trace, just follow it upstream to the component it runs to, solder in your jumper wire and you are back in business.

I was recently adding a tone cap switch to a populated board. I MURDERED those traces trying to pull the old caps (It pays to be patient and get the right glasses so you can see what you are doing). Four jumpers and 15 minutes later, all was well with the world.

Yeah, it probably could have been salvaged but after some very unsuccessful de-soldering and amazingly successful colorful language, I threw it across the room and reclaimed my sanity. I'll most likely do another echo base one of these days...
[nothing to see here]
-e