News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slambox - First build - 1590A box OK?

Started by Agavetele, March 07, 2011, 07:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Not metal film, but he does in carbon film, which is fine. I've built a bunch of SHOs with 10M carbon films

Agavetele

OK...thanks everyone for the words of wisdom.  Think I'm ready to get the parts ordered.  I'm sure I'll be checking back in when I get everything and can't figure out what goes where.  ???

Agavetele

OK...one more question...there's probably no way to fit a battery in the 1590A, right?  So just go with two mono jacks and no battery clip?

bigmufffuzzwizz

If you look at Myramyd's completed build in a 1590A (which he posted earlier in this thread), there's not much room left. 2 mono jacks and no battery clip would be correct.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

sgmezei

I have built two of these and found it was alot easier to use the two mono jacks. And your right, you cant fit a battery in there so it makes sense. A couple notes that helped me out
Careful with drilling the enclosure! its easy to drill too close
I pre-bend the solder tabs on the jacks inwards a little bit before i solder to give me a little more clearance and you can check it easily by inserting a cable to make sure you dont bend too far
I also used electrical tape on the bottom to help from shorting when the cover is on.

[attachment deleted by admin]