News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocratic uproar

Started by small fish, March 07, 2011, 09:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

small fish

Here´s my latest build,
I was missing some enclosures, so I combined two, which seems to work together (not exactly, just because of the 3 knobs, each pedal had  ::)

It´s an Aristocrat on the left (closed) and an Uproar on the right side (with the switches on the side: clipping, sdmb-mod and the other mod, no, not the "melting-face-indiana-jones-stuff"). The wiring is a mess....actually, the enclosure is closed when played, so I don´t care  :P

The Aristocrat isn´t done right now. I´ve changed C1 and C12 to 0,027 caps and still find it very bright and sizzling - playing some Strat with it, is disgusting (imho). Even with splitted humbuckers, the last remaining low frequencies seem to be lost. Any clue, how to reduce the highs much more? I tried 0,047 and 0,022 caps so far but couldn´t hear a huge difference - maybe some other diodes?

The Uproar is fantastic! thx to madbean!

Hope you enjoy it!

Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!

dwstanford

That's awesome.  What kind of enclosure is that?

small fish

Here´s another pic. It´s made of alloy. You´ll get 6 "sides" and mount them. the front and back is quite heavy stuff, the sides, top and bottom are alloy-plates. Maybe a little light-weight for "full-contact-steppin" but it´s quite ok for me  ;)

http://www.voelkner.de/products/39372/100-m.jpg

That´s actually a german reseller. Like "conrad". Manufacturer is called "pro ma", don´t know what it is... ???

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

small fish

found my final diodes and internal switching:

Signal input --> uproar --> Aristocrat channel 1 (with 1n34a instead of the 1s1588) --> Channel two (with BAT41s instead) --> amp or multi fx

I´ve changed C1 and C12 to 68n caps, internal presence about 12 o clock. Plugged my guitar in and sounds great, even with all three circuits activated (Uproar in "high-noon" position, all pots at 12 o´clock). Awesome! a real fat tone.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks real good! 2 great pedals in one clean looking box.
Can you give us a sound sample? :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Diamond

You should set the treble booster trimmer all the way off. I found it overly bright to the point of being unusable when set at noon or higher. Otherwise, it's a very versatile effect. Great job!

small fish

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 09, 2011, 02:34:57 AM
Looks real good! 2 great pedals in one clean looking box.
Can you give us a sound sample? :)

I´ll upload tonight....the recording gear strikes back....  >:(

small fish

Here´s some audio stuff:

track is divided into 4 parts (you´ll hear it):
1st part: Aristocrat1, bridge hb / neck hb

2nd part: Aristorcrat2, neck hb / bridge hb (all the strumming stuff)

3rd part: uproar, bridge hb

4th part: all 3 fx together (no settings changed)

All played with my 96 US Hamer with SD Seth Lover pus (no mods), just added some delay and reverb (digitech  rp-1000)

Hope you enjoy it (yeah, my playin is very similar to my "wiring-technique" *lol*

http://www.mattejat.de/aristocrats.mp3

It´s my hp, so don´t bother d´loading it....I´ll delete it, if my limit is reached  :D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Thats sounds really good! The uproar is way more beefy! I agree they all go great together!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

small fish

I found out, that the sound changes extremly, while playin around with the clipping diodes switch and the other two mods - dial in some more gain will brighten up the Uproar. The pots were all in "high-noon" position when played. Turning up the gain will brighten up the sound a whole lot more, than the tone-knob will (imho).

At this position / switching - all on - there´s a nice mixture of the bright Aristocrat and the darker / beefier Uproar. The track was recorded without any speaker emulation. All the way through a tube amp, the sound will definetly be improved.