News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NEAandCD

Started by hoodoo, January 10, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

New Empty Amp and Cab Day  ;)
G'day to all, Matt here, Natural progression in action, built some pedals, now, need to build an amp or 3  ;D Just bought an empty amp head and 2x10 cab,refer pic, sweet/cheap, that was custom built to house a Ceriatone,Creme Brulee AC 15 knockoff. The guy i bought it off, had it rehoused in a combo, great sounding amp. A couple of questions, anybody had anything to do with Ceriatone Amps, and if not a Ceriatone, suggestions for something else. My clean needs are fairly well covered, so i'd like something that, takes pedals well and cranks. 10" speakers, recommendation for those also gladly accepted.

Cortexturizer

Now that's a looker!
It will be a PITA choosing the right font for that head though. Whoah, you really gotta be wise there.
Congrats! And keep yourself safe, amp building is something that I will probably never attempt. Cheers.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

My buddy Keith has a Ceriatone Dizzy 30 (I think that's the same model). It sounds quite good. Their parts are top-notch.

You might want to check out Warehouse speakers. They have a good selection. Weber is probably okay, too, but they seem to be a bit less on the ball now, and they're not as forthcoming about specs.

slimtriggers

Sound on Sound did a demo of some different 10" speakers a while back.  Unfortunately I can't find the audio for it  :-\

The link to the article is HERE

The g10n-40 has a very similar design spec to the 10" Greenback"  Here's a quote from a Celestion rep from over on TGP.  Oh, and the G10n-40 is about $70 compared to $115-$120 for a Greenback.

QuoteHi Guys....the G10N-40 was first developed with an OEM with the mindset of it being a slightly chimier (is that a word?) version of the of the G10 Greenie. They were real happy with it and gave the blessing to release it to "everyone" hence it's now a standard model. I am glad to hear you guys like it. It's a bit "under the radar" as our range goes, but word is getting out and I think it will be a big success. Best of luck!
Egnater MOD100 & M4 rigs

hoodoo

Thanks for the compliments and advice given. Jon, it is a different model than the dizzy 30, both vox based though, from what i understand. I got to hear the amp that was housed in the head and it sounded fantastic, he was running a celestion/weber in his combo. I may just put a Creme Brulee back in yet, but am open to suggestions. I checked out warehouse speakers and they were a lot cheaper than the comparable celestion, here in Oz, could be an option. Keep the suggestions coming guys, much appreciated.

billstein

That's sweet. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.