News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pastie Drive Done!

Started by wretched, January 22, 2014, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wretched

I FINALLY got it!!

This is a great effect. I ended up getting the board together in no time once I had all my parts. Tested it quickly and then to bed. Next day I hooked up the stomp switch and it sounded perfect till I turned up all gain volume, and tone. This loud squeal came out. I checked all my resistors and volts and everything as fine. Anyway it ended up being something with the stomp switch or board. Changed that and BAM it is perfect. Even with all the dumb problems I had I will end up building another one of these one day. It is the tone I was looking for. Again please disregard the cheap paper/tape decals. I also had an issue with the drilling, so I ended up drilling a piece of Plexiglas and used it to hide my botched drilling.

selfdestroyer

Great job on your wiring. I have great things about that pedal. It sounds like you and I have the same build process.

Start a build and get the PCB done and tested
Go to bed and try to sleep without thinking of color selections and knob selections.
Wake up and have to go to work. I think about how the pedal will look and how awesome it will sound all day at work and makes me want to take some sick time. lol
Then its get home and convince the wife to left me eat dinner on the workbench so I can get it all done that night.

Rinse and repeat. lol

Cortexturizer

^ Hahaha that build process is hilarious, and not too dissimilar to mine.

Wretched, very nice build, and it's always such a joy to hear that the fellow gear had had found THE TONE he was looking for, cheers!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

wretched

If I knew what I was doing a bit more I would to have a light blue enclosure with Brown letters and knobs.

My build process is the same except after the build is fully completed I spend a full night of just me and the wife.

As for "the Tone" I have built mostly fuzz and Overdrives, and cannot seem to find that one sound that is perfect for some country style chords. I was able to dial this one in during my first test. Now I just have to learn how to play the guitar a little better  :)

micromegas

I had the same problem with mine when I tested it with a strat in a crappy handmade amp, but then I pluged it at home and there was no squeal.

I did not like it anyway, heard some demos on youtube and got in love with it, but it has a fizzy end with my gear that I don't like at all.

I'll try to sell it locally and, if there's no luck, I'll try to sell it here (it has a beautiful green hammertone box and a pink led that gives it some mojo look). Have to do a build report together with other od I built.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

rullywowr

Nice job!  Especially clean population of the board going on there, with all the components nice and flat.  Looks like those electro caps are pretty big...maybe 50v-100v?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!