News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Earthquake in Japan

Started by irmcdermott, March 11, 2011, 04:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Hey Guys -

I got a PM from Pandadandan just after the quake, he is OK - sounds like Tokyo escaped the worst of it. Still, Scary stuff
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

irmcdermott

AWESOME! That is fantastic news!

thetrend77

pandadandan

Hey all. 
Finally got home almost 24 hours later.

Thank you all so much for your concern and kind messages.  None of my family or friends were affected too badly, which is a great relief.

The affected costal region bore the brunt of it.  I'm kind of avoiding the news a bit as it's far too spirit-crushing.  Tokyo wasn't so badly affected.  In fact, on my way home it was strange to see shop staff in their uniforms selling freshly-made cakes and so on.  The mind boggles.

Right

Sleep time now.

I'll report in again when I wake up.

redbean

Quote from: pandadandan on March 11, 2011, 08:23:05 PM
Hey all.  
Finally got home almost 24 hours later.

Thank you all so much for your concern and kind messages.  None of my family or friends were affected too badly, which is a great relief.

Wonderful news!

Best wishes from New Orleans.  :)

Edit: I can tell you from personal experience (hurricane Katrina), that avoiding cable "news" like CNN, etc. is a good idea.  ;)
es là-bas!!

gtr2

Awesome!  Glad everyone is ok!   ;D

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

irmcdermott

So glad to hear you, your family, and friends are alright.

ckim715

Great news, Pandadan! Glad to hear you're ok :)
-Charlie

k.rock!

Awesome news! Great to know rverything's ok Pandadandan. Still praying for Japan though as I know there is many people affected by this.

Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

maysink

Quote from: pandadandan on March 11, 2011, 08:23:05 PM
None of my family or friends were affected too badly, which is a great relief.

Good news indeed.

The imagery on the national news last night was a bit disturbing. And flaming tsunamis? What's next--Godzilla?? (sorry; too soon for a joke?)
[nothing to see here]
-e

aziltz

apparently, they are reporting a likely meltdown at one of the power plants.  possibly two. 

a meltdown means the reactor has literally melted on the inside, but it does not yet mean that radiation had escaped from the containment case.  The concrete containment building is gone, but the metal containment case is still intact.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I saw this "ring of fire" on the news the other day. left me relativly scared and uneasy. I want guitar pedals not world destruction!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Here's a bump out to pandadandan

I don't know quite how we can help.  But let us know if you need anything!

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pandadandan

Thanks for the kind messages.

All is (relatively) well with my family and I.  I took my wife back to her hometown for a few days respite, but am heading back to Tokyo tomorrow.  Not really looking forward to it, but that's life I suppose.

Neil