News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Question & Website Suggestion

Started by Rich_S, May 21, 2010, 09:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_S

Are any of the MadBean projects close to a Univox Super Fuzz?  I know a guy who wants a sound-alike, originals are too pricey.  I know BYOC has the Leeds kit, but scratch building is more fun.

This brings me to my suggestion: it would be nice if the website had a guide to "Stompbox Geneology for Dummies".  Most of Brian's projects list a boutique pedal as the reference.  However, I'm not up on all the boutique pedals out there; I can't afford them, so I just ignore them. 

I was recently looking for a board to build a Rat, but had to e-mail Brian because I didn't know that a Landgraff MoD was a booteek clone.  What if someone wants a Marshall Guv'nor, but doesn't know to buy a Crunchbox/Krunkee board?

I thing a simple three-column table would do the trick - original vintage pedals on the left, all known boutique clones and adaptations in the middle, and the MadBean projects on the right.  Discussing the fine points and variations can be left to the forum.

I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

lincolnic

Just wanted to say I think this is a great idea. I'm not familiar with a lot of the boutique stuff either, and this would be pretty helpful. (I know there's always Google, but why not save a step?)

madbean

This is actually the plan, more or less, for the pages I'm going to eventually create for the individual projects. There will be some analysis and explanation of the circuits and a comparison to classical effects, when appropriate. It's a long term project, but I will start creating the pages when time allows.

lincolnic

That sounds great! Looking forward to seeing those pages.