News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yeah, so my pedal was on SNL last night.

Started by aion, February 02, 2014, 06:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

Imagine Dragons played on last night's episode of SNL. Their guitarist uses one of my compressors. I've been freeze framing last night's show for the last half hour trying to get a better look. It's all over the place (the illuminated knobs make it hard to miss) but here's a good top view:

Kind of freaking out a little bit right now. He had a second pedal of mine on his board, too, a Centaur like this one, but the NBC logo covered it up in all the shots so that's no fun.

The guitar is a custom one by Bilt Guitars here in Des Moines. I think Wayne has five of them now.

jimilee

Cool man! Kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. A friend is a working musician that uses a pedal I made also. He yours and does soundtracks for movies. Nobody knows or cares much but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy too! Congrats
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

That's pretty awesome!

On a side note, every time I hear that band name, I think of:

Micpoc

Quote from: aion on February 02, 2014, 06:48:33 AM
Imagine Dragons played on last night's episode of SNL. Their guitarist uses one of my compressors. I've been freeze framing last night's show for the last half hour trying to get a better look. It's all over the place (the illuminated knobs make it hard to miss) but here's a good top view

Just think of the legends that have been on that stage... and now, a new one.  ;)

QuoteKind of freaking out a little bit right now. He had a second pedal of mine on his board, too, a Centaur like this one, but the NBC logo covered it up in all the shots so that's no fun.

Very cool. May I ask where you got the knobs on that Centaur?

neve1272

that is killer man id be walking on cloud 9 if i were you
Kip

pryde

Congrats, very cool!

I caught that performance, pretty good stuff although I don't listen to them much

lincolnic

Nice! I'll bet this is the first confirmed DIY sighting on SNL, too.

I went to school with their drummer, he's a year or three younger than me. He's incredibly good - when I met him, he was playing with a big jazz ensemble that had lots of rock and Indian influences. I wish Imagine Dragons gave him any reason to actually use his skills!

aion

I'm not crazy about them either, though the performance was pretty good.

When I sold the pedals to them, I was thinking, "They play guitar?" I think they added guitar parts to the live versions of their songs like Radioactive, but there isn't much to hear on the recording.

Quote from: GrigoriVery cool. May I ask where you got the knobs on that Centaur?

Yep! Sure: http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162481_-1

They look awesome, fit the style perfectly, but the set screws use a really weird and tiny hex size and they don't seem to get very tight. I've used them on a few of my own pedals and a lot of them have come loose. I've started using the classic black Davies knobs, but roughed up with steel wool, sandpaper and files to get the distressed look. I have some pics that I'll post in the next couple of days.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

selfdestroyer

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

RobA

Congrats! That had to be incredibly fun to watch.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

drezdn

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe