News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I must really like madbean's pedals...

Started by greysun, February 02, 2014, 12:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greysun

...Cause 70% of my pedal board will be made up of his designs!

I've been putting these guitar pedals together for the last year and a half... I built 2 of every pedal. My guitar has 2 output jacks (bridge/neck to one, middle to the other) so I can run 2 amps from one guitar without using a buffer or splitter. This allows me better tone control over my heavier distortions (one amp can carry the bass and treble, while the other can handle mids, for example), as well as varying mix/match with other pedals. I'm an analog freak, so this is my creative way of going about that.

I'll be building a switch that controls all of these so I can seamlessly go from one to the other without turning one off and the other on... And that will also be all analog.

Anywho, left to right top:
- micro pog (I didn't build that, obviously),
- proco rat with clean blend and reutz mod (Slow Loris),
- reverb (1776 rub-a-dub),
- tape delay with modulation (1776 multiplex - just did a build report on this),
- fuzz factory (stubbi - I etched one board, and perfed the other)
- big muff (modified mudbunny Mayo with mids mod)
- big muff (modified violet rams head with mids mod and clean blend),
- Clark gainster overdrive (etched egghead)

Left to right bottom:
- Tap tempo tremolo (one LFO controls 2 audio lines, so both signals are always matched - has 8 different waves and tap tempo - I designed and etched this one myself),
- reverb (same as top)
- tape delay (same as top)
- fuzz factory (same as top)
- big muff (mayo same as top)
- big muff (violet rams head same as top)
- Clark gainster (same as top)

Again - I never label them as I'm lazy, I know what the knobs do and which pedals are which, and I like the visual simplicity and toy-like quality with all the colors and whatnot.

If you want more info on any of them, just let me know. I'm happy to share! :-)

micromegas

That should make a really beautiful and colourfull pedalboard!

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io