News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fireball v90

Started by madbean, March 16, 2011, 09:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Haven't cut the first board yet, but I'm getting close!

k.rock!

:o Now this is wicked awesome!! That looks great dude!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

maysink

So it uses a dremel as it's cutter. eh?

I'm guessing this will eliminate etching and drilling both? Just pop in the copper clad and run the 'print' the program to the cnc from your pc? If so it'll pay for itself pretty quick, I'd imagine.
[nothing to see here]
-e

thatirishsob

Holy crap that is awesome!

aziltz

shit son.  i didn't realize it would involve a dremel.  that's awesome.  Which options did you get?

gtr2

Sweet!  Hope this helps take a little workload off you and allow some more family time!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Quote from: gtr2 on March 16, 2011, 11:51:54 AM
Sweet!  Hope this helps take a little workload off you and allow some more family time!

Josh

Actually, family time is pretty solid. Hopefully, this will give me the chance to do all the other things I wanna do for the website, etc!

I have confirmed that the machine is working properly. The driver board is doing it's thing and the motors are spinning. It's pretty fun to just hit the up and down arrows and watch the thing move around.

Now the real challenge is learning Mach3 and how to take the designs from Eagle to CNC! And, in the next couple of days, to boot!

sgmezei

Man that thing looks AWESOME!  As a side business I'm sure you could cut deli meats into all sorts of shapes for birthdays, anniversary's, holidays.

Seriously though, it looks badass.

madbean

Quote from: sgmezei on March 16, 2011, 11:07:26 PM
Man that thing looks AWESOME!  As a side business I'm sure you could cut deli meats into all sorts of shapes for birthdays, anniversary's, holidays.

Seriously though, it looks badass.

Bwahahha.

Bored

That looks very cool! I hope you post your progress as you figure it all out.

stecykmi

CNC is badass, definitely something I want to look into when I get out of school and have some more space.

BTW, I was thinking about this the other day, how do you ensure that whatever you're cutting is exactly where the machine thinks it is? For example, if you're etching an enclosure or whatever and you've placed off centre from where it is on the g-code, you get a box with the drawing falling off the edge of the box. Is there some error detection or do you just have to be really precise manually?

aziltz

with bigger machines, you usually use the controls to tell the machine where the x,y and z "zeros" are.

nzCdog

So much to love about that!!  Yay for new tools! ;D

mandrewbot3k

awesome. im currently building a 2'x4' wood routing CNC. I'm just gathering all the parts right now since it costs a good bit, but I'll be using it to make some guitar bodies/necks eventually :-D

Let's see a picture of your office, I just moved and I have a solid white office, I need inspiration. haha.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

Bored

Did you ever get this up and running?
Would love to hear your experiences.