News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

1) I've seen every episode of My Little Pony (the new one) with my daughter. I've actually watched many of them multiple times. I've followed the story line and am actually looking forward to learning what's inside the box Twilight Sparkle uncovered when she rescued Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

2) While I really love what I do, I sometimes wish I could somehow many guitar/amp/pedal repair/building/selling work as a full time gig. It would probably suck the life out of my joy though.

3) I still love my wife after 8 years of marriage, and I believe I'll always love her and stay married to her.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

davent

1. Never been to confession
2.Have never owned a dishwasher, microwave, cell phone or car.
3.Never seen The Simpsons, South Park, Seinfeld, Cheers or much of anything else broadcast on tv in the past 25 years... hooked up the tv, dvd, WII, cable etc. for the house's females and it all works together fine but haven't a clue how to turn that mess on... maybe if i got the Food Network.
4.At least 15 years since i entered a Walmart
5.Revolted by the vile brown liquid Tim Horton's has the audacity to refer to as coffee.
6.I box before i rock.

Woah... I feel so much lighter!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

flanagan0718

1. I love Guitar gear, comic books, horror movies (the terrible d-list ones), I play video games, and drink OJ while eating meat lovers pizza.
2. I will, without a doubt or any hesitation, watch the movie Mean Girls when ever it is on tv...or even look for it on demand every once and a while.
3. I transform song lyrics in to food...example: It goes on bread, goes on bread, salami, salami, salami, i, i, i, o, o, o, o. (sing along with Zombie by The Cranberries)
4. I miss playing guitar in my old 90's cover band but will never admit it to my former band mates.

culturejam

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 11, 2014, 07:53:48 AM
2. I will, without a doubt or any hesitation, watch the movie Mean Girls when ever it is on tv...or even look for it on demand every once and a while.

What a great film. Tina Fey's writing genius really shines in this one.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

flanagan0718

[/quote]
EDIT: One more thing:

5) Macklemore is awesome!  :D
[/quote]

Yes he is!!!!!!!!!!!

Leevibe

1) I like to watch "Anne of Green Gables"

2) I left my iron on all night last night

madbean

I love this:
Quote1) I change songs lyrics to make them about my dog and sing them around the house

I thought of a couple more:
#4 - I spend about 30 minutes a day just petting our dogs.
#5 - I used to read two books a week but now I never read anymore because I have a tablet (which I can't stand reading a book on).
#6 - Up until around 10y.o., I thought every adult could read my mind and my life was being watched like a movie 24 hours a day (I blame Catholicism for this).

culturejam

Quote from: madbean on February 11, 2014, 08:19:07 AM
#6 - Up until around 10y.o., I thought every adult could read my mind and my life was being watched like a movie 24 hours a day (I blame Catholicism for this).

Up until I was about 5-6, I thought that the whole world was in black-and-white up until about 1970. I thought that because all of the photos and movies from older periods were in black and white.  ;D

My dad said I asked him one day, "Daddy, when did the world turn color?"
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

m-Kresol

1) I'm a classic nerd. I'm a chemist, like comics, watch various TV shows, play video games and now got hooked up on electronics.
2) I spent way to much time indoors and come up with bad excuses to do so.
3) I'm clumsy as hell. Burnt my self countless times on the hot air gun in the lab, cut myself twice in 3 month that I had to get stitches.
4) I don't play in a band - although I'd love too - and don't know anyone in my town with the same taste in music. If I go to concerts, I often go alone, which I find kind of pathetic.
5) I have the cardio of a 40 year old man. That's how much sport i do.
6) I've developed such an animosity against one of my coworkers, that I get angry at anything she says. No matter if it's actually reasonable.

I have to say, writing this stuff down was actually quite relieving.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

muddyfox

Noone in Vienna with your taste in music?!? What is it?

micromegas

I'm going to do this bit by bit, as I use to:

1) I try to be such a perfectionist that I use to broke things because of this (i.e: I broke 2 pairs of caps - same value - when soldering my No-Mojo pcb today)

2) I'm a procrastrinator and love it. Doing things at last minute is my everyday damnation.

3) I have a lot of insecurities when writing in English. Although I've done (and pass) a lot of exams and have proven my hability to defend myself talking in English when travelling outside my country, every time I write something (like this post) I need to check phrases and words with google many, many times
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

m-Kresol

Quote from: muddyfox on February 11, 2014, 11:31:17 AM

Noone in Vienna with your taste in music?!? What is it?

If people ask me what I listen to, they often do not know what I'm even talking about as post-rock is not really popular with the masses, although it kinda is in Vienna. I often meet the same guys at the concerts, but my friends always roll their eyes when I ask them to join me. Guess they don't like atmospheric guitar-heavy instrumental arrangements.
But, as they say in german, "taste is debatable". They are wrong. My taste is exquisite and the holy grail of tastes :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

DutchMF

This is going to be a long one, so I'll probably do it in at least two installments, here goes:

1) I'm almost 37 years old, but don't have driving licence. I have Mrs. Dutch drive me wherever I (or 'we') need to go. I hope to rectify this situation this year..........
2) Like micromegas I procrastinate, a lot! That's why you haven't seen a lot of progress in my 'Project I'...... But I will get it done!
3) I once offered an old lady a helping hand exiting a city bus, but she was to scared to accept it, probably because of my long hair and leather jacket. Damn prejudice!!
4) I do like the liberties the Dutch government gives us, and have tried all of them at least once..... But now I'm a good boy!
5) Seen this mentioned before, I think, but I bluff my way through work at least 50% of the time, and it still works after 5 years.

I'll get back to you with more when I think of it!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Gledison

here we go...
1) as DutchMF i have no German driving license, only the brazilian one, which is not valid here. its been 7 years that im saying...i will make the tests....
2)paying 40 euros a month for a Gym and never go.., well, sometimes, only for sauna :P
3) I had almost no clue about electronics since i started building pedals, now i started to have some clue...
4)i think i will never get married :(. Pedal building is taking over all my time on weekends :P
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

GrindCustoms

1- I don't have a TV, i just listen to Hockey in streaming, so i watch nothing in summer.
2- I drove my car for 6months without valid license, could'nt afford the 5K$ of tickets to get them back.
3- I'm mostly «high» all the time.
4- I went through the complicated process of denying my attachement to catholicism. (LOADS of Paperwork)
5- I'm not able to talk if my hands and feet can't move.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/