News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Crystal Fire

Started by aeroemi, February 12, 2014, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeroemi

Hi all, this is my last build... It is actually a buffer/booster pedal, I used the fatpants for booster and the Pete Cornish for the buffer stage...
So when the booster is turned off, then the buffer is activated (in the "crystal side" of the enclosure :P ) and viceversa...
I encountered (as anyone who has built the fantpants) some scratching on the fat pot when the body switch is off... Do you have any suggestion on how to remove (or at least attenuate) it? Because it's so loud that I really can't turn the fat knob while the pedal is engaged...

aeroemi

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

aeroemi

rullywowr

Excellent choice of circuits and nice job on the enclosure. The fat pants scratching is just part of the beast...no way of removing that noise without changing the circuit. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

LJangel

cool design contrast.  looks good.  I'm not familiar with the circuit.

bcalla

selfdestroyer

Love the aesthetics and the enclosure art.

Cody

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mattlee0037

I believe that's normal like with a rangemaster setting the 'volume' actually set the circuit voltage so it's very prone to crackle. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

aeroemi

Thank you all guys!! It always encourage me to go further when people like the stuff that I make... :P

hoodoo

Nice build, great graphic, perfect pair.  :)

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

sonarchotic

Great pedal and great name! ;D